Very frustrating

Dragonheart

In a PBEM game ag Curry in happened that russia declared war immedeately without preparing for war. This never happend to me. Russian warreadyness one round before was 85% and the last round 89 %. Normally when reaching 86% you have another round for built up. This was in all of my games so far.

Is there a certain date when russia declares war anyway?...because it was already Dez. 41??? As Hungary did not join until October 41 i could not invade spain in this case war normally begins in Oct. 41.......

Dragon, I thought it was 89%, then my turn and then yours. So when you moved it moved over 100%

Whatever the case that Russian War readiness is often a tricky thing. I have not completely figured it out. I remember recently Rambo had a thread on it too. Can be frustrating because sometimes it seems to not go according to the best layed plans.

It was both a fighter in a city doesnt count and then it was end of 1941. As i did already my mailturn i loaded later again and could solve the problem. End of year did not matter in this case. But for my game it´s to late. Let´s say it´s a kind of present and handicapsystem for me ag Curry :D

I dont know what happened. But I sure do need the handicap against the mighty Dragon. He has this massive army waiting to attack the women and children of Mother Russia. We need all the help we can get.

Seriously. That whole Russia Readness is often a mistery to me. At times I think I have it figured out and then these things happen. I have had this happen to me as well and Dragon is right it can be very upsetting.

I thought that an air fleet counted as an army. So that is how it may have happened to me and perhaps Dragon in this case. Or perhaps Hungury joining so late.

There is a randomness factor associated with each readiness increase, but the increases themselves are fairly well understood. The Strategy Guide provides good estimates but doesn't define exact numbers. If you make mistakes like garrisoning border cities with air instead of ground units, you're going to see bad things happen.

Another case where you may not see USSR Prepares for War is if Axis DOWs Turkey, with about +34% increase. So if USSR war readiness is already above 65-70%, expect USSR to declare war immediately without warning. Be prepared. ;)