Modding My Mod

jmbunnelle

Hey guys,

If anyone has any plans on modding my units mod, please contact me first and tell me what you're planning on doing with it. Call me crazy, but I'm still very protective of it! smile.gif I'm also constantly tweaking it and I don't really want multiple versions drifting about that don't reflect my most recent changes. I don't mean to be an ass about it so please don't take it the wrong way! I just put a lot of work and time into it.

That being said, I'm working up a website now where I will always post the most recent version. I also plan on hosting variations on the mod done by others, so email me if you're interested. Several of you already have done so.

Thanks for all the encouragement! It's really motivating.

JBunnelle

Hey JB,

I have never really been into the army men icon used for infantry. I've put Jorgen's infantry, HQ, and rockets on your unit_sprites.

I've modified Jorgen's units to fit the color scheme you have, and have made them bigger to fit the same foot print as your icons.

It looks great (IMO), and I've given it to a couple people.

I was thinking that the German unit background is too light (or the wrong color), as the aircraft seem to disappear in the "counter". They need to stick out more (IMO).

I truely love what you've done, and look forward to your updates!!

Hope you don't mind my tweeks!

Aloid

[ August 16, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Aloid ]

Aloid,

I already have a darker, alternate background for the German "counters" (sorry, makes no sense in this context but it's habit) that I'm using for the next release. I know some people don't like the infantry look but, for me, the military symbols look out of place in this context and don't work as well as in, say, Operational Art of War. Just my preference. I'm all for cutting and pasting from several modded bitmaps and making a set of markers that you enjoy playing with. I think that's what many are doing. I just meant, if someone's going to make major changes and actually release it to the public or post it for download, that they please run it by me first. People have been great about doing this so far, I just thought it best if I said it outright. smile.gif