Wow, after reading posts, I'd like some veterans to help me out :)

Hickmanj

I keep reading how people have huge tech levels and have managed to conquer most of the countries around Germany (Axis posts). How do you do this?

I am playing a game now and have pushed Russia back to the Urals by 1942 - by early 43 I will have probably taken their second capital. BUT, my techs are low and the Brits are eating me alive with Jets. I invaded Greece and Yugo early in the game, and, of course, have Denmark, Norway.

How do you up your techs so much and field the armies you need to progress?

Or am I pushing too far too fast? Do many of your advances come 42 and after?

I would appreciate hearing vets share some of their resource distribution strategies after taking, say, Poland, Denmark and Norway - what do you do then? How do you distribute your forces and resources??

This game is amazing - I have waited sooooooo long for a WW2 game that plays at this level without being to "beer and pretzels" like Axis and Allies. smile.gif

Thanx for any help!

Jason

Spend your early points from Poland, Denmark, Low Countries ect. on Industrial Tech. Try to get two in there as soon as you can and then branch out to other areas. You can reassign the point later if something maxes out. You really only need to build one more army and tank unit to take France.

After that build wisely with the French points to invade Russia but try to get at least one point in long range fighter, jets, anti-tank and heavy tank. After the balloon goes up for Barbarossa it'll be very tough to spend points on tech.

as the axis, you really don't need to spend any MPP's in the early game. the forces you have on hand should be handle anything short of the russian invasion.

get industrial tech up first, as this will lower the cost of all your units, before investing in other techs, as they will make your units more expensive

for example, if you know youre going for max jets, go get ind tech to 5, buy all the air fleets you're gonna need while theyre cheap, then research jets - your air fleets will get more expensive, but you already bought them while they were cheap