Max date edit - Hubert?

Silvercloud

I know this has been pointed out before... but pls pls add in the ability to keep playing (preferably infinitely) beyond 1946...

One can do this by saying that 1946 is the furthest one can play for points, so anything you do beyond 1946 is just for kicks...like a window pops up: "you have reached the end of the scoreable part of the game, would you like to score your game or would you like to continueyour game and not score any further points" surely this must be easy to incorporate into the engine... 1946 is surely just an artificial block...

Please let me know if this will be considered for a patch or not....

Thanks in advance,

--------------------------------------------------

Silvercloud

"Something is only impossible until it has been proven te be not"

Hi Everyone!

OK since it seems that many of you would like to play longer, with the next patch I will extend the play date slightly to perhaps 1948, but not any further officially. There are many reasons that to be honest I am not too interested in debating, but I will list a few here:

- *WWII game only*

- current research model would make limited sense if played out into the 1950's etc.

- next question would be to be able to play as the US in an attack on the Soviet Union, all of which is not possible with the current game design etc.

- maintain the overall tension knowing you cannot fight indefinitly

The biggest problem is that a change to extend play length would also warrent further requests to change other elements in the game to make sense of being able to play indefintly and unfortunatly this game is not about civilization building etc.

Also wanted to add that with the v1.02 patch total victory is no longer needed to actually win the game since v1.02 assesses the current situation and makes a victory judgement call (if possible, stalemates can still happen) to determine the winner if the game is played out until May 1946.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hm, will there be an option to choose wheter the game ends in may46 or late in 48? I understand that some people want to slug it out into the 50's. But let's just look at it, if the game carries into 48 then someone is short to dropping a nuke.

Likewise, the campaigns late in the war (44' Overlord, 44/45 Battle of Bulge) will be in for something terribly difficult if the axis player hasto hold out to 48 instead of may46 to claim decisive victory.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, the other side of the story tongue.gif

I go against the mainstream and do not want the game to last longer than may 46, it will unfavor the axis too much. If possible, make this an option that you can check (like the Partisans, Free French options etc).

I would like to see the game extended to '48. but not into the '50's, that would be ridiculous. Also, as the game gets farther past may '45, the late victory penalty should get higher in a compounded manner. By the time '48 rolls around, if you just conquered your enemies, there should be a very hefty penalty. I also like the idea to make it optional in hte options screen to extend gameplay. I cant imagine surviving as Germany four years after overlord.