A qustion in regards to Finnish Pride...

Hubert, I hope that in the 1939 campaign, you have finland as its own power (not axis or allied)

I did notice in the demo camp. that when the finns DO enter the conflict that it only says "finland declares war on ussr" which is correct. The finns originaly only wanted to regain the Korelian isthmus and other territories lost in the winter war. Their commander, Mannerheim, would have never declared war on any other allied country. And even though britain did declare war on finland, the only attack they made was an air raid made by 3 bombers, somthing that shouldnt even show up on a grand statagy game like this. So please, please. In the 1939 campaign, dont have the finns on axis. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubert, I hope that in the 1939 campaign, you have finland as its own power (not axis or allied)

I did notice in the demo camp. that when the finns DO enter the conflict that it only says "finland declares war on ussr" which is correct. The finns originaly only wanted to regain the Korelian isthmus and other territories lost in the winter war. Their commander, Mannerheim, would have never declared war on any other allied country. And even though britain did declare war on finland, the only attack they made was an air raid made by 3 bombers, somthing that shouldnt even show up on a grand statagy game like this. So please, please. In the 1939 campaign, dont have the finns on axis. ;)

Finland IS its own power, a minor neutral, until it allies itself with Germany. But this is a moot point since Russia is not an active neutral in SC (yet?) and unable to fight a border war. Maybe someday, but for now it's irrelevant.

From another post, the Finns get whacked by Russia because they set up with no entrenchments. This is a problem across the board, like the Yugoslavs setup in Belgrade with no entrenchments. This needs to be looked at, and should give the minors a boost on their defense.

Supply for the Finns is another problem, and a low value HQ may help. Or simply add another city, like Viipuri. Or maybe provide extended supply ranges in the game. It's OK to have operational movement for units more than 5 hexes from a city, but not OK for limited supply or reinforcements? This needs to be looked at.

The Finns do need some toughening in SC. They should be able to at least hold their own in 1941.

Finland IS its own power, a minor neutral, until it allies itself with Germany. But this is a moot point since Russia is not an active neutral in SC (yet?) and unable to fight a border war. Maybe someday, but for now it's irrelevant.

From another post, the Finns get whacked by Russia because they set up with no entrenchments. This is a problem across the board, like the Yugoslavs setup in Belgrade with no entrenchments. This needs to be looked at, and should give the minors a boost on their defense.

Supply for the Finns is another problem, and a low value HQ may help. Or simply add another city, like Viipuri. Or maybe provide extended supply ranges in the game. It's OK to have operational movement for units more than 5 hexes from a city, but not OK for limited supply or reinforcements? This needs to be looked at.

The Finns do need some toughening in SC. They should be able to at least hold their own in 1941.

That's a great book, and you are right that the Finn's were not out to fight anybody but the Russians. However, they did cooridnate heavily with the Germans, and practicly, its not like Finnish troops are going to be transported to invade england. The only complaint that you have seems to be one of pride, and not so much the functionality of the game.

That's a great book, and you are right that the Finn's were not out to fight anybody but the Russians. However, they did cooridnate heavily with the Germans, and practicly, its not like Finnish troops are going to be transported to invade england. The only complaint that you have seems to be one of pride, and not so much the functionality of the game.

Finland is neutral in 1939 as they are in the 1940 campaign unless circumstances change that situation, i.e. they declaring war on Russia, or someone declares war on them

Finland is neutral in 1939 as they are in the 1940 campaign unless circumstances change that situation, i.e. they declaring war on Russia, or someone declares war on them

It's OK to have operational movement for units more than 5 hexes from a city, but not OK for limited supply or reinforcements?
Not sure what you mean here, operational movement is dependant on current supply (>= 5 for land units and >= 3 for air units) and not necessarily distance since HQ's can provide supply as well.