New "what if" SC scenario

stahlwolf

Hello folks,

I did a "what if" scenario for strategic command.

Its based on the thought, what could have happened if Hilter whould not have made it to the top of Germany.

There is a .doc file with the alternate history I invented and some useful hints for settings to play it.

Its mainly aimed at a single player, Axis side game.

Get it here:

http://www.anvil-soft.com/downloads/MidEurope_pact.zip

Have fun.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks,

I did a "what if" scenario for strategic command.

Its based on the thought, what could have happened if Hilter whould not have made it to the top of Germany.

There is a .doc file with the alternate history I invented and some useful hints for settings to play it.

Its mainly aimed at a single player, Axis side game.

Get it here:

http://www.anvil-soft.com/downloads/MidEurope_pact.zip

Have fun.

Its very hard, if not unplayable with "Experience 2" and "Expert" for balance is disturbed in favour of the allies.

(perhaps you are better than me, so thats just my experience with it)

Perhaps better try "Experience 1" and "Expert" there its tough and you can make it.

Anyway, please forgive all faults in the english texts, and report any you find, so I can correct them.

Its not my mother tongue, so there probably will be some.

Its very hard, if not unplayable with "Experience 2" and "Expert" for balance is disturbed in favour of the allies.

(perhaps you are better than me, so thats just my experience with it)

Perhaps better try "Experience 1" and "Expert" there its tough and you can make it.

Anyway, please forgive all faults in the english texts, and report any you find, so I can correct them.

Its not my mother tongue, so there probably will be some.

Interesting idea, stahlwolf

Looking forward to giving it a look and a trying it against the AI.

This is the sort of historical alternative I'm partial to myself; anything that takes Hitler and the nazis out of the equation is great with me. smile.gif

Interesting idea, stahlwolf

Looking forward to giving it a look and a trying it against the AI.

This is the sort of historical alternative I'm partial to myself; anything that takes Hitler and the nazis out of the equation is great with me. smile.gif

stahlwolf, your text faults are trivial, not to worry, the idea is conveyed...that is what's important, though I'm glad that you endeavor to be correct. Believe me there are plenty of Americans that absolutely butcher the language and they have no excuse since it is their native tongue. Some cannot even present an intelligible thought, but we love them anyway and strive to help the ones that wish it. Your attentiveness to the language exhibits a certain amount of respect for the culture and is appreciated.

stahlwolf, your text faults are trivial, not to worry, the idea is conveyed...that is what's important, though I'm glad that you endeavor to be correct. Believe me there are plenty of Americans that absolutely butcher the language and they have no excuse since it is their native tongue. Some cannot even present an intelligible thought, but we love them anyway and strive to help the ones that wish it. Your attentiveness to the language exhibits a certain amount of respect for the culture and is appreciated.

Played your compaign at Expert (level 2) with 0 Allied bonus experience, and found it to be both interesting and fun. - Thanks for the link!

I managed to defeat the Allies by Feb. '45, but it was fairly tough going in the early stages. Had the AI been more agressive - more like a human opponent - then I imagine that the Reich would have been defeated by late 1940. The AI did invade the low countries, but the French were ineffective against a minimal western defence. Once Poland was knocked out and the east front stabilized, France was defeated by early-1941, mainly because the UK failed to help out with ground units.

Thereafter, the Axis were able to hold in the west against the usual AI kamikaze invasion attempts in France and slowly advance into the USSR. Concurrently, the Axis picked off minor countries as the opportunity arose.

I think this campaign was about as well constructed and balanced as any I've played, for play against the AI.

Thanks again for an interesting diversion while we're waiting for SC2.

Played your compaign at Expert (level 2) with 0 Allied bonus experience, and found it to be both interesting and fun. - Thanks for the link!

I managed to defeat the Allies by Feb. '45, but it was fairly tough going in the early stages. Had the AI been more agressive - more like a human opponent - then I imagine that the Reich would have been defeated by late 1940. The AI did invade the low countries, but the French were ineffective against a minimal western defence. Once Poland was knocked out and the east front stabilized, France was defeated by early-1941, mainly because the UK failed to help out with ground units.

Thereafter, the Axis were able to hold in the west against the usual AI kamikaze invasion attempts in France and slowly advance into the USSR. Concurrently, the Axis picked off minor countries as the opportunity arose.

I think this campaign was about as well constructed and balanced as any I've played, for play against the AI.

Thanks again for an interesting diversion while we're waiting for SC2.

Tried it with settings of 1 exp and 1 bonus for the Allies, not finished, but as Wachtmeister said the Allies are being held at bay with minimum Axis troops. I left the west completely alone and concentrated on USSR, and it won't be long and they will be gonners, so the West will die later. The early going was interesting, but the AI is just too predictable.

Tried it with settings of 1 exp and 1 bonus for the Allies, not finished, but as Wachtmeister said the Allies are being held at bay with minimum Axis troops. I left the west completely alone and concentrated on USSR, and it won't be long and they will be gonners, so the West will die later. The early going was interesting, but the AI is just too predictable.

Hello,

yeah thats a big problem with the AI.

I tried to strenghten France by giving some corps to the south, but all she does is try an attack on the Netherlands, instead of defending the south against Italy.

I wish I could skript some actions or the arrival of MPPs or troops to a certain event.

e.g. if the Netherlands falls, France gets a HQ or a higher Infantry level, if I want the west to be a bit more challenging.

Or if I could order the AI to keep a certain corps in a certain area at any cost.

Thus some mistakes of the AI could be prevented, or at least weakened.

Hello,

yeah thats a big problem with the AI.

I tried to strenghten France by giving some corps to the south, but all she does is try an attack on the Netherlands, instead of defending the south against Italy.

I wish I could skript some actions or the arrival of MPPs or troops to a certain event.

e.g. if the Netherlands falls, France gets a HQ or a higher Infantry level, if I want the west to be a bit more challenging.

Or if I could order the AI to keep a certain corps in a certain area at any cost.

Thus some mistakes of the AI could be prevented, or at least weakened.