Moon or Madmatt

Comrade Trapp

I was wondering, is there anyway you guys can add another tag under our screen names other than just "Junior Member" and "Member". Like once you reach 1000 posts you automatically become an "Expert Member" or something.

Just a thought........

Thanks,

Comrade Trapp

[ September 21, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Honored to have a category named after me, but it's undeserved, I'm way short of that mark, only a comparatively infrequent visitor by that standard.

As a post can be anything from a single letter, number/sybol or image, to a full blown essay, it's hard to have any info by a person's total.

If a posting tier existed based purely upon quantity, some guys would make thousands of single word or image entries.

Having the number visable, but not meaning much, the way it is now, seems like a good way of doint it.

I liked that one guy a few months back who said I had a lot of nerve jumping on something he said, considering all the long, boring things I've written here! I walked away from the keyboard muttering, "He's right, he's right, long winded and boring . . .." I decided to watch TV instead of posting so much. It wasn't long before my wife expressed the same opinion regarding my conversations, so I returned to the computer, where I'm able to inflict my tedium without having to argue with the wife.

[ September 22, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Excellent!

How does someone who's supposedly a Lurker accumulate almost 2000 posts? :confused:

There must be some respectable term for the between 2,000 - 3,000 crowd. I guess we'll have to wait for Kuniworth to wake up before finding out. It's something like 3:30 a.m. in Sweeden, so it's likely to take a while.

[ September 22, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

So many forums have "post envy" among it's members.....glad it's not here....checking out posts totals is like taking a peek at the guy standing at the urinal next to you...for some of you, it's a necessary need....

I remember on the OOTP board, they revamped their forum which resulted in people losing hundreds of their post totals...you should have read the horror and outcry that many members posted when they saw thier numbers drop....it was pathetic....

[ September 23, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

Originally posted by J P Wagner:

So many forums have "post envy" among it's members.....glad it's not here....

I agree. I belong to a several WWII and Civil Forums that put a little rank title under your name. Like on a WWII board you can be PFC, Corporal, Sergeant and such.

Well certain people find out this is based on number of posts they go nuts. They flood the board with posts so they can get their total up. The posts take up space and are annoying to wade through.

Glad to see it's not here. While most of us would not abuse it. There are those that will. Always is.

[ September 23, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Konstatin V. Kotelnikov ]