Am I senile?

When you attack London, does this increase the Russian readiness?

Please tell me that if its true, this was a recent change. I don't ever remember that being the case.

I had a condition where the Russian readiness went from 84% to "Preparing for War" in one turn. I was attacking London, Spain was Axis, Balkan minors were still neutral, Greece was neutral and Yugo was revolting (but one turn away from being crushed).

PS... Allies had attacked Portugal. Spain then declared for the Axis. That is how Spain became Axis.

[ August 24, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Shaka of Carthage ]

I understood USSR readiness to increase by about 10% a turn after London falls. Perhaps your eastern garrison was too small? If not, then perhaps ground attack on London may trigger the increase. Maybe there's another random element involved.

My understanding is that an invasion of England will result in a rapid increase in USSR and USA readiness. Having said that, I've had games where there was a 17% jump in USSR readiness simply because I had too many Germans on the USSR border.

Curry provided some good test results in this thread. Dan Fenton and I are wrapping up an errata file for the Strategy guide and we've got his comments included. If anyone has any different testing results they would like to share, please say something today. ;)

I was attacking London, Spain was Axis
I see two possibilities here. If Axis attacked and conquered Spain prior to Sealion and USSR readiness was already up to 84%, then this was probably a late Sealion and USSR readiness was increasing anyway? Or, if Spain activated based on London being attacked then maybe that could affect USSR readiness. Odd.

What a puzzle this game is! Too bad we can't just read rule 47.5.3(B) and know for sure.

When did this occur? Since Yugo was couping with Greece neutral, this was probably May/June 1941 or later. USSR readiness starts increasing anyway around June 1941, and perhaps took a 10% jump rather than 3-6%. Since readiness was already 84%, this must have been past June 22, 1941, and maybe the 3-6% figure changes above some threshold around 80%. I don't know. Maybe Hubert can jump in here and provide some thoughts.