My longest living North atlantic sub

Hueristic

I wonder why the most Allied player do not attack the German fleet early. I know exactly where the subs and the small fleet is and I have enough English and French ships. So my first move is to destroy the German fleet than the Italian fleet after they enter the war. Than you can make a sea blockade this make it impossible to invade Norway and Sweden. And with some offshore bombing this can really hurt the Axis.

This makes it also possible to move all Canadian units to France and to move the Malta air fleet to France too. Which gives you much more power to destroy the German Blitzkkrieg esecially with the help of the 2 English carriers.

As the Allies I would never give France up.

Sven

sven that's like a wet dream for me. i purposefully place the german fleet just south of norway in the hope of goading the allies into some sort of a fleet action early in the war. i don't mind losing some fleet factors for the chance to pound the allied navy for two turns with my 4 or 5 airplanes and hq. send in the carriers, i'll sink them too smile.gif

also, as the german player i heartily welcome any allied comittment in france, whether it's the canadians, or the maltese air, or whatever.

i don't care about conquering france on time. i only care about destroying as many british mpp's as possible in the early war phase, even if i have to trade them on a 3 for 1 basis

Subs are a waste in this game.

Imagine British Battleships roaming the No. Atlantic destroying every U-Boat it came apon.

It seems to me that Battleships would zigzag the entire trip from UK To US, depending apon the DD's and DE's to protect them.

Churchill's biggest fear during the war was the strangle hold the U-Boats had apon England. There needs to be more thought put into this feature in the game-it sucks now!

Like ASW Units, Subs submerge unless detected by them, only special air units can kill U-Boats, u-boats could see more than just the section of the N. Atl. they were in because of radio transmissions from Naval Intel, thus they would wolfpack convoys. Something along these lines, but now it's not worth the MPP's for the germans.

Just my humble opinion, and I know that everyone has an opinion like everyone has an asshole, and most people get them confussed.

[ January 02, 2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: SeaWolf_48 ]

sven that's like a wet dream for me.
I wish you nice dreams :)

i purposefully place the german fleet just south of norway in the hope of goading the allies into some sort of a fleet action early in the war. i don't mind losing some fleet factors for the chance to pound the allied navy for two turns with my 4 or 5 airplanes and hq. send in the carriers, i'll sink them too
Great where do you get 2 additional air fleets after 3 or 4 rounds? And with 3 air fleets it is not easy to beat 3 air fleets and 2 carriers. I tried it out i my last TCP/IP game. It can work but of course there is a risk. But you can destroy the complete axis fleet. And as long as you do not take France the Allies have all the time of the world. Russia will enter war and if Germany only gets around 130 MPs this is a short fight.

also, as the german player i heartily welcome any allied comittment in france, whether it's the canadians, or the maltese air, or whatever.

Perhaps we should try it out if it works like we think. smile.gif

i don't care about conquering france on time.
I am not sure but I think if you do not have France or the Scandinavian countries until the end of 1940 I think Germany is in trouble.

What about trying it out in a TCP/IP or PBEM game?

Sven