Mini AAR Liam VS Oliva

Liam

Woohoo. Talk about a slugfest... the bid hit 1:8.. I can tell I'm out of practice. Allies did a good job of holding onto France until the turn of Fall 40. Germany knew that the logical next move was UK. Though in this doctrine of thinking made a fatal error. They anticipated bringing the Italian Fleet up to invade England via Spain but it arrived late! Not only but pushed all Axis Minors out of the fold

England was done away with like clockwork by a good 8-10 German Airfleets.. and Axis victory felt assured! Regardless of the huge blunder... We planned our frontlines in the end along the normal Barbarossa border... Finland was taken. Norway and Sweden soaked up by the Axis, along with Ireland and all other foreign Brit territories aside from Canada. Intelligently The Allies removed the Portuguese and invaded Romania. Since the Minors weren't joined we took out both Yugoslavia and Hungary and established a new line along the Ploesti fields and Sofia...in Bulgaria. We fought hard here neither gaining ground in the mountains. Retreating on and off... After Sea Lion the Axis land forces were a bit depleted and in dire need of reorganization though in this hectic time the Soviets had a chance to advance their jet tech which finally hit 4...and their tank tech that hit 2...

We were very backwards in Germany, and only managed with 5 chits to hit jet tech1 still with the edge in the # of fighters.. In the MidEast Germany invaded and stold Iraq away from it's former opressors...and the Russians in turn invaded Turkey having access via the strategic port of Istanbul with Bulgaria Linked ;(

We fought a bloodfest in Turkey. Lasted over 6 months. German forces managed to delay, only the inevitable. The Americans were soon arriving and the Western Guard was stripped trying to replenish our Eastern defensive/offensive force. Some huge blunders on both sides but ultimately Russian #s and technology was beyond us. I think that Spain was a deciding factor and the tenacity of the Russians not to concede Romania which would've most definitely cost them any offensive into the MidEast, the last virgin soil ;)

We never had a chance to really employ any high ranking Generals Either...Which hurt and became discouraged after losing a big airbattle over Syria...The Russians proved to gain experience and use their Fine Zhukov to not only defend by destroy the far more experienced German tanks that tongue.gif never upgraded

GG

Tough

Woohoo.. I'm beat,bed

[ October 12, 2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Blashy:

Conquering UK is no guarantee for Victory smile.gif . When Axis land in England, Russia and USA will join much earlier than normal and Axis are very weak (low mpp/turn + most units in the west = strong Russia) even if they get the british empire.

I also lost several times the battle of britain (+ the country ;) ) and still managed to win the war...And these games were usually the most exciting ones with battles at very different places than usual. Hopefully you will also have such a game in the future smile.gif .