A pain in the Spain

ErrantRecce1

I was just kicking some AI ass as the Allies, and I opened up three fronts against the Axis, pretty clever of me, right? one of my fronts was Spain. The AI responded by throwing a hell ofa group together and they totally stopped my two full American Armies ( not just the units, but the HQ and all attached forces, armies) I was totally taken aback. I have been lurking around here a lot and I have been playing a lot, trying to get up to speed in a reasonable fashion. So my Q is, is there an easy way to start a front in Spain for the Americans? it made the most sense, since the UK was hogging all of france and all. I would appreciate any info or experience or opinion on this.

ErrantRecce

A seaside invasion of Spain is doomed to fail due to lack of supply (Gibraltar is not enough). The only way it would succeed would be if the Axis were unable to operate units to aid the Spanish (Allied control of Spanish-French border area) and even then it would be a bitch to pull off.

Only invade Spain (as Axis or Allies) via the Spanish-French border. You can have units do a seaside invasion to capture the coastal cities but don't count on them being able to take Madrid by themselves. Your main invasion force should enter Spain via the Spanish-French border.

I'd say your better off opening a 3rd Front in North Africa, Italy, or Scandinavia. Maybe the Balkans if the situation is right (never seen this done but I don't see why this wouldn't work if the conditions are right).

Comrade Trapp

So my Q is, is there an easy way to start a front in Spain for the Americans?
An easy way? Land a US corps on any open city and just sit tight and entrench. But the best way might be to land 2-4 corps (1 air?) and simple run them around, they are raiders and will be lost but the axis will need to send at least one full army group to kick you out. And if they don't send any air you can get some cheap exp by bombing the HQ or Mine.