Wrong Drive

dpstafford

So, what you're saying is that install 1.03 not only will you have to have the CD in the drive, but you may have to have it in the WRONG drive (if you installed from a second CD compatable drive). Could you have possibly have come up with a better way to disrupt the legal owners of your "product"? And why is it that we aren't supposed to talk about this, Madmatt???

Originally posted by Randell Daigre:

Because:

A)People are getting very worked up about it.

And:

B) Any questions/comments/complaints you have about it will probably be addressed in the official post.

They are asking for our patience long enough to give them time to respond officially.

Of course people are getting worked up about it. It sucks to ahve people tell you they think you are a thief and cannot be trusted not to steal something.

And the response will 90% likely be:

"So sorry, but all our games have this, CM has this, if you don't like it too bad, and please refrain from talking about this anymore on our forums. Have a nice day! smile.gif "

I really hope I am wrong.

Jeff

I know we are not supposed to talk about this, but there is one thing I don't understand and really would like to have addressed in the official statement yet to come: it was said that casual piracy accounts for 90% of all cases. Ok, but if this is so, isn't the real pertinent question with respect to potential losses of income for Battlefront/Furysoft then whether those guys casually pirating a game really would instead order it if there is a CD check? :confused:

Straha