Russia refusing to surrender?!?

Jergan88

I loaded up the Ardennes offensive map a while ago. Great map, by the way. Anyway, I threw Allied forces out of France and turned towards Russia. I struck deep into Russia and finally seized Moscow. A message comes at the end of that turn: "Soviet government flees to Urals". Okay, that was expected, since i have conquered Russia before. I then work towards the new capital in the Urals mountains. While I am doing this, I send a strike force south to conquer Stalingrad. I conquer Stalingrad before I conquer the Russian capital in the Urals.

Now, I know by playing that after you get the Urals capital the Soviets go to Stalingrad. I'm just wondering, did conquering Stalingrad cause a glitch in the game causing the Russians not to surrender? Regardless of the Russians not surrendering, I kept conquering Russian cities. All that are left are Leningrad, and the cities near the Caucasus (sp?). Any suggestions?

did you add more troops to the Eastern Front to make it more even, or were there really that many troops there? [/QB]
The soviet armies at the front line were by all means there, the guards tank armies in the second line as well, and i wanted to represent the large output of equipment from the factories beyond the urals ('tankograd') with the large number of red armies reserves. Furthermore there should be enuff target practise for the german army groups in the east while it should be a real challenge for axis player to turn the tide at that theatre. :rolleyes:

Yes, 1944 scenario. You throw the American, French and British forces out of France and then turn towards finally finishing off Russia.

I was thinking. After not conquering Russia, the Allies launched a second Overlord. If this process repeats itself, WW2 could go on for a long time. Anyway, a question: What was the latest anyone has every acheived complete victory?