Historical World War II scenario

Scorpion_sk

It´s done, after a great deal of time invested in research & implementation.

I have completed my "Historical World War II scenario" about 5 minutes ago, and it´s 6 am.....

Crazy I am.....

Anyway, the point of the scenario is to provide a truly different type of game for SC - and it is intended for historicity freaks.

The production values of the the major powers have been tweaked to the historical ratios of the production capabilities.

This means that the US will be much stronger, as is Germany at the start, while Italy and and France have been toned down. This has been accomplished by tweaking with the ownership of the provinces (ie. Germany starts with the west coast french cities and the Italian colonial holdings, while the U.S. has some areas of the Caucasus and Sweden (Sweden being intended to remain "neutral and be left in peace for the war))

These provinces are intended to be left untouched by all other powers, with the exception of the Italian-German hexes, which the allies can take.

The OOBs are tweaked to bring the forces to as close as the historical OOBs.

Also, the germans start with 1 exp each.

You will find that the sea is packed with naval units now, since the U.S. and U.K. navies are represented in full.

The game is designed to be played so that only bomber units (including all bombers) should be able to attack ground units.

If you disagree, it will still work out, but the air force ratios will be off.

Of course, this scenario can only be played against a human.

I realize that this scenario will be wacky indeed for all you more conservative SC players, but that´s ok....

I created the scenario mostly out of interest to study, and for my own fun.

Still, if someone would like to host it, drop me a line.

Scorpion_SK

Hope it turns out great.

The house rules would drive me nuts -- I see something open I reflexively invade it, so this wouldn't be something I could handle.

But I admire your moxie!

The various explanations lost me about six times, but what I managed to comprehend sounds like fun!

--- * --- Speaking of which, a few words from Comrade Merriment himself

"Yes I would give part of Caucasus to America. In exchange they return Alaska and California and -- I will compile a list. Send in Scorpion with my directory of choice gulags. This Scorpion fellow, a little like Trotsky, don't you agree? Is unanimous then!"

Stalin-Brod37.JPG

Image lifted from a posting by my friend Carl von Mannerheim, who taught me how to do this stuff.

[ December 21, 2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

This has been accomplished by tweaking with the ownership of the provinces (ie. Germany starts with the west coast french cities and the Italian colonial holdings, while the U.S. has some areas of the Caucasus and Sweden (Sweden being intended to remain "neutral and be left in peace for the war))
This is a novel idea! How about starting Iraq under US control and the Swedish mines under German control? That would make for less "house-rules" to avoid certain provinces and still provide a historic effect. Where is your mod? You should send it to Otto for posting.

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

"Yes I would give part of Caucasus to America. In exchange they return Alaska and California and -- I will compile a list. Send in Scorpion with my directory of choice gulags. This Scorpion fellow, a little like Trotsky, don't you agree? Is unanimous then!"

Stalin-Brod37.JPG

*LMAO*

How about starting Iraq under US control and the Swedish mines under German control?
FWIW, I tried this today and it doesn't work unless you activate the neutral countries. But that may be OK. Make Sweden "Surrendered to Axis" under German control, to provide occupied resources at 80% value and no plunder for either Germany or later Allied conquest. Make Iraq "Joined Allies" under US control, to provide those resources at 100% value after US enters.

In my Campaign mods, I kept things balanced for both sides so they can still be used with human opponents. For solo games however, the AI still has its limitations and requires you to play on higher game settings for a challenging game. But the ideas above and similar ideas could be used to further mod the game and create separate Axis and Allied scenarios. It's an interesting concept.

I'm curious to hear how scorpion's scenario plays out.

Sorry all, left for "home" for Christmas and but am back now. I´ll email it to Otto.

I´m very glad and surprised that my little bit of madness interests some people. Perhaps I´ll work out some kind of a readme file for the thing before I send it.....

Anyways, I noticed that I said that the U.S.S.R starts as active, but somehow forgot to type that Italy starts as active too (and should not engage in hostilities until just before the fall of France), or 1941, whichever comes first....

Right then....off to work one last time then, I think.....