Thanks, Hubert...Forum'ers!

Dad

I just wanted to add to the long list of people praising this game. I got the game a few weeks back and kind of let it sit for a couple of weeks.

Then, last week, I picked it up and played the first game. Man, I haven't been this hooked on a game in a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG time!

This past Saturday night my wife came downstairs and said "Are you ever coming to bed?" I looked up from my digital battlefield, irritated by this interruption of my plans to stem the Nazi juggernaught in Russia and asked, "What time is it?". "Four o'clock in the morning!", was the reply!

Thanks Hubert! The game looks so simplistic on the surface. But, oh boy, in this case are looks deceiving.

The other night I was playing as the allies. I had Germany stopped in Russia and America had just entered the fray. Impulsively, I grabbed all those shiny US units, rushed them to the Med and landed them on the toe of the Italian boot, thinking that I would be able to take the enemy by surprise. But, just like the real war, the Italian campaign became a quagmire that sucked up army after army after army. This game shows how easy it is to land troops on a foreign shore...the trick is to supply 'em!

Anyway, I could go on and on about how the game has the magical quality of being simple to learn and play, but still manages to, IMHO, capture the feel of WWII grand-strategy/strategy. But I will stop my rambling.

Thanks, again, Hubert for a great game. And, thanks, fellow forum'ers (especially Rambo). You have made this forum a lot of fun to read.

LoL... smile.gif

Wait till you play your first TCPIP game Dad... Then the addiction really kicks in! :D

Send me a message if you would like to give TCPIP or PBEM a try. My school email is down until friday but here it is with an alternate as well:

kshriner@gmu.edu

silvercourage@hotmail.com

I am in Alexandria, Virginia so EST. Look forward to playing if you get a chance! tongue.gif

Wish I had a dad who had been addicted to video games... ;) --An Old Man

P.S. Offer is actually open to all. I am no grognard and appreciate a sense of humor in my games. I am 1 win in PBEM, and 1.5 wins in TCPIP, but by no means a master of SC. I just like to play and have gotten some good luck so far... tongue.gif

[ December 18, 2002, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: An Old Man ]

An Old Man

"Wait till you play your first TCPIP game Dad... Then the addiction really kicks in! . . .."

And to think, not very long ago, the manufacturer's argument against making home computers was this --

Who will buy the damn things after every engineer has one? Nobody, that's who!

Great Moments in American Marketing! :D

[ December 18, 2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]