Another SC 2 Suggestion - Allied Subs

Jollyguy

IMO, the Axis should be penalized for sub interdiction by the Allies, same as the Allies are by the Axis, and gain experience for doing so, same as the Axis does.

I play almost exclusively Allies. Most of my opponents know by now that I buy one, sometimes two British subs, and get good use from them.

I believe SC 2 should allow mpps to be deducted from the Axis if the Allied places a sub in the Med, X # of hexes from the (Italian) African ports, or the Italian ports on the mainland, assuming the Axis still possess ports in Africa. In the same vein, an Allied sub in the Baltic, interdicting the Norweigan (Oslo), Swedish, Finnnish ports, or Axis mainland ports, should also subtract mpps. In short, what's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

The most historical variation, though, is in the Med. The Allies strangled Axis resupply to Africa. Deducting mpps for an Allied sub in the vicinity would be a realistic variation.

Simply reducing MPPs would not affect the supply situation in North Africa. Like Soviet partisans, what if Allied subs could also inflict a supply penalty by reducing the strength (variably) of any Axis resource within a certain range? :cool:

This idea could be extended to allow any subs to interdict seaborne supply lines. I'm thinking here that Brest would be a likely target after a D-Day invasion, to hamper the Allies build-up.

Good point about the Mediterranian and the Italians. But Malta was the thorn in Italy's side, and as long as Allied planes are there Italy or Germany should lose MPP's. Tripoli needs a seaport that England could bomb!

Germany first had a battle plan to take Malta with ParaTroops, but Rommel used the troops at EL Alamein instead. One of his biggest mistakes.

I vote that points are taken away from the axis as long as Malta has an Air Force with a point strengh of 5 or higher.

John DiFool: I completely agree. Either MMP reduction or even supply/port reduction, like partisans.

Sea Wolf: Malta pretty much serves it purpose in the game as is, by making Egypt, and Irag, must less tempting targets. If the Axis don't take Malta, Alexandria and Suez, as well as the oil wells all stay at 5MMP's. If I'm not mistaken.

However if Malta falls, all those cities, as well as Lebanon and and the Italian citiies go up to around 8 or 10. This adds somewhere around 33 additional MMP's, maybe more. Per turn. That's why Malta is so important..

I think it's a great nuance Hubert built there.