Questions about bidding (need answer)

Madison

Hello everyone

Its been months since I have been on these forums and this place is hopping!.. I see lots of threads about SC2... some lengthy game reports and news of ladders. Can someone give me the 25 cent tour on whats the deal with the following:

Bidding for games. Does no one play SC straight up? Do the Germans always win when played by capable players when the allies don't get points?

If bids are the norm, whats a good bid for a average players?

PBEM? Cheating with reloads? Is that the turn off to that form of game?

How far away is SC2?

Ok sorry for redundant questions here, I hope one of you has a few minutes to give me a cliffs notes version so I don't have to sift through 100's of threads.

Best

John :D

[ July 03, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Madison ]

Bidding - when playing against other players each side can bid to play the Axis. The person who bids the highest plays the axis. The opposing side gets a MPP bonus which is added to the starting MPP of one of the neutral allied powers using the campaign editor.

Bidding is a Method created to even of the odds between the Axis and their foes the Allies

The reason you bid is obvious, if a player has more skill its quite to soak up the world as the Axis and completely surround the Allies making a fair and competitive game impossible. You don't have to bid to get the Axis if you feel they're fair or if you have some other sort of house rule you'd like to include in your games to make the arrangement more eatble. The only player here that will give me 0 bid with Axis is this guy whose probably lost once or twice in his life...

The MPP Bid goes to the UK, USSR, USA one time crack of whatever it ended up being. i.e. I say "50." You say, "100." I say, "150!"

Then you say, "I'm not willing to get those Germans any more handicapped than that! You take em."

You use the Campaign editor and edit the MPPs in save it under a Fall Weiss Special and there ya go. So long as it has the same file ext. name it'll just add to your loadable PBEM and TPCIP games as available to you to play with at any time seperate the normal than '39 Weiss straight up...