Good Luck Comrade Trapp!

JerseyJohn

Last we heard our friend Comrade was planning to enter the U. S. Army in about a week.

Aside from being a mainstay of this site for about two years, Comrade was also the first to branch off and have the idea of setting up a linked game forum to handle threads that would be considered too far out of line for the SC Forum.

Good Luck Josh, here's hoping you have as much fun in the Army as I had in the Air Force. smile.gif

-- All right, I know that doesn't sound quite right, the Air Force wasn't actually what I'd call fun, so I'll need to rephrase it a bit.

Josh, may you have as good a time in the Army as I had in the Air Force! :rolleyes:

-- Well, it was a good time, sort of. I mean, being twenty was good regardless of what I happened to be in. :D

YES YES and YES

Best to you Comrade. I served in the USARMY. 1st Armor Division in Division HQ. So I know well what you are heading for. Its an adventure, well sort of. It is an experience. At the time I was not sure I did the right thing, but as I look back on it the Army did some very positive things in my young life at the time. I think the military is a postitive force for most young people - but that is another subject or thread.

I truly wish you the best.

Good luck Mate! Treat those women good in those towns you get stationed, don't pick any ladies that want you for your Uniform! But doesn't mean you can't have good clean fun. Kick some butt overseas and screw Special Forces and Airborne<1 is a surefire way to die young and the other to get a bad back> Get a technological MOS smile.gif

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply.

I leave for Infantry OSUT (Basic/AIT combined) at Fort Benning Wednesday evening. Not really nervous yet, but I'm sure that will change very soon.

I get 12 days leave after I get done with OSUT, so if everything goes according to schedule, I should graduate December 17th and be home for Christmas (and more importantly, SCII :D ).

If anyone wants to mail me while I'm down at Benning, just leave a post here and I'll make sure someone e-mails my address to you.

Thanks again guys,

Josh