AAR SC Z-League: Zappsweden (Axis) vs Terif (Allies).

zappsweden

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 1943:

The first german city near the coast belongs to the british empire. Axis only 2 hexes away from Moskov and in the outskirts of Rostov. Heavy fights north of Moskov. Royal navy enters the North Sea, transports near Copenhagen.

May 1943:

Siberian forces win the battle in the north. Axis retreats behind Leningrad. No Axis advances at Moskov. One hex conquered adjacent to Rostov. Sewastopol still holding out. The last german units in Denmark under attack. Battles near Marseilles.

Russian Hqs, entrenched in Mountains and cities are attacked by several german airfleets, but take only one strength point damage. Cities and Mountains are good places for hqs, very difficult to kill them there smile.gif .

[ June 22, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

good aar

i always get so stir crazy when Allies invade France. It seems that if all goes right for them with the Siberian transfer and Allied AirPower that the movement of the Russian Capitol three times is a bit much.

Axis gambled on building up a new air force, this time in Poland. Unfortunately, the got into interception duels and were destroyed by aggressive allied carriers.

Axis give up the war, they are losing Germany too fast and Russia still manage to hold pretty well.

June 27, 1943:

The war is over !

Axis surrenders.

Axis started to operate land and air units back to Germany to protect Berlin. After this decission it was over for Axis. Trench warfare in the east and 2 german airfleets killed immediately by carriers in the North Sea. US units only 3 hexes away from Berlin...

Some statistics:

Losses during the war:

Allies: 102 land, 6 air, 9 naval

Axis: 29 land, 5 air, 5 naval

June 1943 Allied task force in France/LC/Germany:

5 Hqs, 3 airfleets, 12 armies, 15 corps.

[ June 22, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Originally posted by Terif:

June 27, 1943:

The war is over !

Axis surrenders.

Axis started to operate land and air units back to Germany to protect Berlin. After this decission it was over for Axis. Trench warfare in the east and 2 german airfleets killed immediately by carriers in the North Sea. US units only 3 hexes away from Berlin...

Some statistics:

Losses during the war:

Allies: 102 land, 6 air, 9 naval

Axis: 29 land, 5 air, 5 naval

June 1943 Allied task force in France/LC/Germany:

5 Hqs, 3 airfleets, 12 armies, 15 corps.

In fact, I only operated one air west. I bought one new air in poland and bought all corps in western Germany with my MPP. Russian units were still in Russia but instead of incresing pressure on Russia by buying more air, it stalled.

yes, there were 3 air in Poland. One of them was an "old west fron air unit" that went down to Iraq and went up to Poland.

one Iraq air, one bought air and one Russian operated air in Poland. The Iraq air got crushed from strength 6->0 before having chance to reinforce.

My biggest mistake in this game was that I screwed up in Vichy France (African part) and also that I did not operate those 2 sicilly air fleets to France after they finished off Vichy. I operated one west and one to Russia and suddenly the turn after, Allies took air superiority over France way too soon.

[ June 22, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Yes, I wondered about Vichy. It was very expensive in mpp and time for Axis, not to take the african part together with Marseilles.

I lost all UK airfleets during the african and France battles, so perhaps Axis could have won the airwar over France during the invasion if I had done the same against more airfleets than in this game.

But if they had placed more airfleets in France, Allies had waited a bit and built some new airfleets before attacking. The german airfleets in France would have been missing in Russia and delayed the conquests in the east.

And thats the problem for Axis: like in reality they cant afford to wage a two front war at the same time. If they dont concentrate at one front they will loose at both. With the air in the west, they can delay the invasion, but have problems in Russia. With the air in the east they can win the war, hopefully before USA and UK reach Berlin. If Axis place airfleets both in the west and east, then Allies have a very good chance to win.

But every strategy depends on the situation and how the opponent reacts...

Not necessarily would Axis need to win the air war. If the air battles were a draw, it would have postponed Allied invasion. They would have spend time and MPP reinforcing units and the target practice could have been delayed for about 3-8 turn. Eventually, Axis would let Allies land but only late enough so that Axis are deep into Russia. You just about took air superioty, but with small margin.

[ June 22, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]