Problem with Pyewacket's Map Converter v1.29

I had no problem using it on my old rig, which had Win ME, but for some reason when I try to run it on my new machine (XP) I get the following error message:

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Any suggestions?

You're missing that file in the message: "comdlg32.ocx" . Find that file and install it in your Windows/System directory and reboot. I had a similar problem with the map program they were using in CMMC2 and that was the solution.

Ike

• 5 months later...

I haven't had a problem with 1.29 until today.

I built a new computer with an OEM disc of XP Home SP2. When I try to run 1.29 or 1.28 I get the error window:

Component Mscomctl.ocx or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid.

I was able to do my task on my old computer that has a retail XP Home patched to SP2.

I think I have it fixed.

Since my old computer had seen PMC since version 1.0 and was always in the same folder, I never had to do anything as the upgrades came along.

From Pyewacket's MC link above, I downloaded and installed 1.0 in a folder. It worked. I then unzipped the contents of the 1.29 zip into the same folder. So far it seems to work. If not, I will report.

• 7 months later...