Air Fleets: comments by the Legend

jon_j_rambo

Jets of the 40s and early 50s era much like this game, and as far as this the era represented in this game could achieve would be able to make the aircraft go faster but not shoot faster or more accurately.

The destructive capability on the ground for jets is no higher than props...aside from sometimes the speed in getting there...as their speed is primarily for interceptor power not for air-to-ground capabilities. Bombers that reach jet technology is a whole different ballgame. We didn't use Jet Bombers during that period I know of and their effectiveness vs Prop Bombers I think is even questionable to this day. Both fast, both durable...and same payload...

A-Bombs are tricky, I don't think that 1 should end a War with such a great risk. It took 2 on Japan and the knowledge she was beset on all sides.The fact is both Axis Nations were fanatical and Hitler may have forced his cards down to the last man unless you got him personally in the blast tongue.gif As Stalin would be even worse. I think that Regime Goverment should be taking into consideration here. USA/UK/France being much more likely to surrender to an A-Bomb Blast. Facist half as likely and Communist not at all likely...

Also the delivery system. Germany would've had trouble getting one out when their skies were owned. We should make it particularly hard for a weak air nation to develop nukes and secretly deploy them. I don't know personally on the percentages. Once they get up there, they're pretty safe but I prefer the possability of attaching them to a normal bomber unit, but increasing the range/decrease the damage upon the unit/and also ty in Advancing bomber technology to carry an A-bomb to begin with...

Don't know how vital Hard Water was either, if this was really a Strategic hex, we should allow for each nation to bomb it also! ;)Only natural and that's how the Brit's kicked the Nazi Nuclear Program.<sorta sorta sorta tongue.gif >

[ January 09, 2004, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]