v1.03 and the "Please insert SC CD disappointment"

robdam

One of the many things that I enjoy(ed) about SC is the fact that I did not need to insert the CD every time in order to play the game. It was such a joy to not search through the mountains of CD's, (games), that I have on my desk. Why on earth was this changed in v1.03? For this reason alone, I have yet to go to v1.03.

I was getting use to playing my europe aflamme,and whenever i heard the ding email come in i could minimize and boot up SC without any CD swap which century of warfare needed CD in at all times.

So yes its going to be a pain.Some Europe aflae turns where taking anywhere between 20-50 minute,so now if i have a SC opponent online sending mail i aint going to be able to respond as fast.

Certainly something i can live with but before it was so much easier.

Originally posted by Titan:

I was getting use to playing my europe aflamme,and whenever i heard the ding email come in i could minimize and boot up SC without any CD swap which century of warfare needed CD in at all times.

So yes its going to be a pain.Some Europe aflae turns where taking anywhere between 20-50 minute,so now if i have a SC opponent online sending mail i aint going to be able to respond as fast.

Certainly something i can live with but before it was so much easier.

You can disable the CD check in TOAW:COW.

And I imagine that someone will crack SC soon enough also.

Man, I *hate* CD checks! Nothing worse than annying your customers in a vain effort to stop pirates, which isn't going to work anyway!

Jeff

Good lord people give it a rest. God forbid Hubert inconvenience your lives...I mean if it's that much of a problem, you don't have to play then you'll never EVER have to put the CD in the drive again. Do you really think that posting the same bitching and moaning in 15 threads is going to change his mind? You've let your displeasure be known, now drop it.

Originally posted by robdam:

Jesus, "Heil Hitler!" Wasn't that you I saw @ Munich? Ever hear of Freedom of Speech?

Yes I have, but you people don't need to add a refrence into half the posts on the board about it. It's really not that big a deal...the pain and horror...I have to shift myself to push the button and put in a CD....oh no! Carrying a CD along for a laptop is a bit more of a pain, but it's not like CDs are 20 pounds or 10 feet wide.