tip for newbies: Mobilization

Liam

I remeber this and it's a mistake I still make a lot! As in real war... What you've got actually to deploy and what you have got in reserve is a big deal. Often as many other players do I have immense reserves often in the wrong place at the wrong time to make a difference. It's the biggest mistake I see amongst inter/beginner players. In SC, reserves really should be serving a purpose, i.e. garrisoning Russian cities, doing recon, or being quickly re-strengthened to go back to the front before you lose the edge. Often players will have 2 or 3 airfleets sitting off the front doing absolutely nothing. In some strategies where the enemy tech and such is better this is fine. Although they're gaining no experience, serving no purpose and not even doing recon. Same with your Fleets. Hordeing fleets is a common error IMHO, and Corps serve as wonderful recon ships tongue.gif at a 125 a pop

I often will have 8 or 9 airfleets say as Germany. Although 4 will really active. It's better IMHO to have 5 or 6 that are full strength... Watch overproduction... it costs more to build a base unit than to re-strengthen a unit.

Also, garrisoning all over the place is fine. Some key points are essential. Although other times the enemy will take a very bold attitude and attack-probe-amphib land. If your opponent is taking this sort of strategy safe and secure is sometimes going to hurt you. in most cases you can rapidly retake a non-essential city. Although having your units in the right place to meet a full on counter attack of your entire enemy army which is all in the right place though half the size of yours is 'key'

Oh, the real point I'm trying to make here is the fact is...It's not what you've got, but how you use what you've got...

In many cases I beat players with bigger armies, navies and airforces with less of the same units. It all has to do with Operational Equipment as in the real War. During the Fall of France, the Allies had the equipment, #s, intel that an attack was comming. They just never had it in the right place at the right time. Had they, perhaps they could've delayed the Fall of France long enough to egg Russia in and the US in..Ending the War earlier