I've never seen this before - FOW?

DevilDog

I'm playing version 1.2 in a BPEM game. I don't know what the other settings are (I didn't start the PBEM) but FOW is on.

During the playback of my opponent's last turn a bunch of Axis units were transported and landed adjacent to my units. Four of the axis units were identified as German HQs (which was dubious as he couldn't possibly have had that many MPPs due to other units that I know he had).

Then when the playback was over and it was my turn to move, all but one of those HQs were some other unit. Two were German armies and one was an Italian corps. I've never seen a unit be misidentified before, let alone the wrong nationality be portrayed. Is the FOW really that strong? I have the PBEM file if you want to see it Hubert.

[ August 31, 2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: DevilDog ]

I just now saw this happen in a v1.3 PBEM game with Immer Etwas. During turn replay, it appeared that the Germans landed and attacked with HQ units in Sweden. Huh? During my turn, those units all transformed back to infantry units. This can't be an intended FOW feature, so perhaps some other glitch? It doesn't really affect anything, yet, but deserves to be looked at and resolved.

I have the PBEM file if you want to see it Hubert.[/QB]
Yeah this is not right, please send me the file and I'll take a look for sure.

Little insight as to what may be happening here... what's happening is that the PBEM replay is a record of events that happened on the players last turn, a database of values or script if you will. So then it just reads the script and recreates what happened one event at a time... but this is separate from the actual portion that saves the 'end state' of the last turn. So the 'script' and 'end state' are two separate entities where the script may have a flaw but at least the 'end state' will not be affected and appears to have remained consistent.

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I have the PBEM file if you want to see it Hubert.

Yeah this is not right, please send me the file and I'll take a look for sure. Hubert[/QB]</font>