I know how to beat Terif. I also challenge him. You hear me?!

zappsweden

Terif has only lost when he is Allies. Also, styles make a fight. You should fight a boxer and you should box a fighter. I have the perfect style for beating him.

I was not called "the air king" for nothing. With my upgraded air strategies I would beat him... if I am Axis. I have the style to beat Terif. My old air-king strategies will rule the world once again. :cool:

I AAAAM THE GREATEST! :cool:

ali2a.gif

[ August 03, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Yes, you are "the air-king", but air is not king in SC :D .

A mistake many players make - and that´s why they loose their games. Only if the opponent thinks and tries the same an air only strategy can work ;)

(for more background information search in the forum, I have already written some threads concerning this issue...)

Yes, my 5 losses were all as Allies. 3 of them when I tried the Spain gambit against a prepared Veteran - not a good idea obviously, but fun :D .

The one I lost against you was in the early days with low bids: Bid was 410 UK, 410 USA and 410 Russia !!

Today minimum bid is 5200 mpps - not 1230 like at that time ;)

In my last game against Rambo he also had anti-air lv 4 and Jets lv 2 vs UK/USA at Lv 1 Jets/AA and Russia at 0. Russia conquered the Balkans without a single airfleet and Germany lost many AFs in the west...air is really no king and anti-air is nice to have but no winner... tongue.gif

However after 48 Victories against you there is really no need to prove anything tongue.gif

...and you know that I will never play you again after what happened between us no matter how much you provoke me - so let it rest in peace :cool:

You know, given 50 tries against Terif with my LC strategy, I'm bound to get luckier in some of the games. I think with more exp. at handling the 'finer' details of the game, I could manage to crack the master. Probably on 10-20% of the time, but it could be done smile.gif

So Terif, we're done game #3, now for games 4-50. lol

Originally posted by Avatar:

You know, given 50 tries against Terif with my LC strategy, I'm bound to get luckier in some of the games. I think with more exp. at handling the 'finer' details of the game, I could manage to crack the master. Probably on 10-20% of the time, but it could be done smile.gif

So Terif, we're done game #3, now for games 4-50. lol

You know, given 50 tries against Terif on equal terms where BOTH players know the rules (hidden rules too) and flaws I am bound to get luckier too. You started SC much later than me Avatar. We long-time veterans were inventing the wheel when we played back then. Imagine Axis players DOW LC on turn 3... as a STANDARD. That is just one example of how different (and many more stuff) the game was then. Not to mention the flaws (that were patched later on) that were affecting everything from basic tactics to long-term strategies.

When Terif mention his 48-1 record against me alone without explaning the circumstances it is ridiculous. Especially since the latest one is almost one year old and most of them 1.5 years old and more. It was like if one 15 year old boy and one 11 year old boy competing in athletics before they even were fully grown.

Originally posted by Terif:

The one I lost against you was in the early days with low bids: Bid was 410 UK, 410 USA and 410 Russia !!

Today minimum bid is 5200 mpps - not 1230 like at that time ;)

Yes, and I could also use the same excuse for my losses since some SC features were not even discovered when we played (bid system not the only difference between now and back then). Ofcourse, 410 MPP for UK in 1939 is MUCH more worth than 410 MPP for Russia so the comparison

5200 vs 1230

is like comparing apples and oranges. Delaying Axis 3-4 extra turns in the early or mid-game (due to high starting UK MPP) can be worth alot in the end due to cumulative effects. The bid system was changed not because imbalance between Axis and Allies (since bid system by its nature make it 50-50) but because it gave imbalance to gameplay. Allies had to be agressive early on (not necessarily gambit) in the old system. Ofcourse you already know that Terif, so I should not have to fill you in. :rolleyes:

[ August 03, 2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

...and you know that I will never play you again after what happened between us no matter how much you provoke me - so let it rest in peace :cool:

Since the feeling is not mutual, means I really am the good person here and not the evil one. I simply do not have the amount of hate needed to really hate someone for the rest of my life. Since there have been many wars in the world, ppl must really hate each others.

Ok, my 2 cents. I'm no master of this game because I choose not to be. I have loved other games in my past though. I used to play Star Wars Collectictable Card Game as was Regional Champion of eastern Canada, plus a number of times provinicial champion. I went to the World Championship and played (in Virginia) twice, winning a free plane ticket once. I loved the game. I thought about cards and strategies, all day, everyday. Terif is good at SC because he has 400+ games. I have 20+ games. I've spent around 200+ hours on SC. Terif has probably spent 3000+ hours on SC. Zapp, you'll most likely never be as good as Terif (and neither will I), because he puts in the time than neither you nor I are willing to. I don't hold this against him. Some ppl like poker, some bowling, some prefer watching TV all day. I understand Terif, and he speaks to us like we are children of this game, because we ARE children. You can't really beat him, even if you do beat him.

HOWEVER, with SC2, we restart all over again, and THIS time, I will give Terif a challenge. I've always been quite good at every strategy game I've played, and do not like to lose. I doubt that Terif is likely to retain his top spot among SC2 players, UNLESS he devotes excessive amounts of time to it. I, for one, have other things to do, and can't afford to study/manipulate the system because it's so time consuming. Actually, I've always wondered since coming on the board how Terif even had/has the time he did to learn SC. He's too sane to be a genius/crackpot, so he must just have a really cushy job and a very understanding girlfriend smile.gif

Yes, you are "the air-king", but air is not king in SC :D .

Proof it and back-up your words then. Talk is cheap. I know I would beat you when I am Axis if I am motivated and prepared to play 40+ hour games (which I most of the times am not). I have no problems trying to proof my point, do you?

If you really hate me then we could make a deal: Best out of 3. Loser leaves BF forum for good. Winner gets all the chicks that surf BF looking for legends.

[ August 03, 2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Ok my little Stalker...

Just to make this clear:

I did not play Zapp the last 10 month and I will surely never ever play him again

You proved to be a very bad looser and you are obviously without any honour and someone who can not be trusted. With all your lies and your behaviour in the last months you can be totally sure you lost the last little chance to play me ever again a long time ago.

Dear Terif. I did not beat my opponents by using BUGS and FLAWS. I won my games fair and square. This one I won on WALK OVER.

If you take recognition and glory here on SC and forum too seriously you will only hurt yourself in the end. Look at how angry you became just because I started this post so do not become controlled by your hate and anger.

THE NAKED TRUTH IS:

There are some ppl here on forum that said (to me) they think you are a weirdo and stuff but they try to get along with ya just so that you wont stop playing them too. Some of them also were having a hard time surrendering games becaue they know you hate it, that you would get annoyed and what that eventually results in. The fact is, you are dictating.

Take care now.

[ August 09, 2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Would it be safe to say you two aren't going out for a social drink at the pub after work this week?

When we do the seating for the annual SC-Christmas convention, I'll have the host make sure to seat you two at different tables.

Forget SC, football season starts soon!

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

When we do the seating for the annual SC-Christmas convention, I'll have the host make sure to seat you two at different tables.

Yeah, and I will be wearing a bullet proof vest for protection too.

[ August 09, 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]