Experience +

roman uk

Couple of querries...

1. I think that experience gains are too easily wiped out by replacements. Perhaps giving a unit experience per turn simply because they exist (as GGrisby does) as a simulated defensive/training model. A unit existing from 39 surely should be given some experience as opposed to a unit bought in 45.

2. Aircraft carriers lose points against bttleship groups attacking from 4 hexes away????

Surely that is a bug or an oversight.

3. how oes one land on malta as the computer would not allow me even though I wiped out the airfleet and the fort?

thanks for now....

great demo

Roman

1. I agree. It seems the Maginot line units never get past zero, even if attacked every turn. But to build experience just sitting there, is a bit much. That would mean all the corps units Germany has at the start of the war would be veterans by the time the US entered, even without seeing any combat.

2. This is an abstraction of losing planes from the attacking carrier. Since the air power of a carrier isn't separate from the carrier itself, this is how it's shown. It would be nice to be able to reinforce carriers when not in port, though. Simulate flying planes out to the carrier, rather than repairs to the ship itself.

3. The transport must be right next to the territory. It unloads on the following turn. Note that you can not land in the port itself, but only on the land hex.

In the course of playing the demo over 20 times so far, I've come to a modest understanding of most aspects of the game (including the coolness of getting that first Atlantic sub into occupied France for a bump to 11 smile.gif ).

However the one unyielding mystery is how to increase unit experience. Can anyone share some tips?