offtopic: need info about B-1B Lancer

von Arnim

Agreed, there are guys there who really get into modern weaponry.

Never saw one of those as they came out years after I lef, tbut whenever I see a photo of a B-52 I think about freezing my ass off at 2:am while the meter slowly counts out 50,000 gallons in slow moving single digits! :D

We had a black, unmarked spy plane land once and the only guys working on it were E-7s -8s & 9s. Thinking it was some sort of new bomber being tested, I asked a tech sergeant what the model was. We were about fiftey feet from the thing. He said, "Aircraft, I don't see any aircraft and neither do you." Another time, when I asked if a certain cumbersome item happened to be an H-bomb (this was on one of the largest SAC Bases on Earth), a major told me, "Don't be ridiculous, young fellow, we don't have any of those things. I know it and now you do as well."

Security was so tight I didn't start learning about these things till after I left the Air Force! :D Which I find reassuring. smile.gif

[ June 17, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

HJA, what is it that you need? My daughter has worked on the B1-B engine running diagnostic routines and I have a large prototype schematic posted, of all places, in the throne room. Don't know if I can help, but be specific with your questions and I may come up with something.

Sorry HJA for the delay, been busy. I have put an inquiry into my daughter and she is checking her sources. As far as my schematic, I'll loan it to you, oh heck you can have it, I need an F-22 or a JSF to grace the thrown room walls. e-mail me your address or where you want it sent at labcorpus@camincargo.com. Also checkout this site, www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-1b.htm