Russian war readiness question

willebra

Ok, if you have too much units at the border, the Russians will be expecting barbarossa and their readiness will rise.

But what is too much? And what is "at the border"?

(I.e. when preparing for Barbarossa, how far should you optimally keep your troops, so that you can place them all in one turn on their final positions and attack on the next?)

I'd keep 4 corps as of October on the border. 1 on both major cities. 1 NE SE of Warsaw Hex. Another 1 directly on the German Border.. Right above Danzig is fine.

3 or 4 hexes behind the line is fine before pre-emptive strike. at about 85-89%<89% is a big risk that you get a next turn DOW>

;) Hotseat Rocks

move up and strike... you want a crapload of killers practice in HotSeat the perfect strategy

3 corps after October 1940 are enough (a unit in Warsaw has no effects, the other 3 are correct smile.gif ).

As Liam already said: 3-4 hexes away of the border is fine.

Units in Romania are irrelevant, so there you can place as many units as you want.

Russian readiness increases 1-3% each half turn and they prepare for war at 90% (i.e. then it increases 5%/half turn). So you are safe until 86% readiness. When russian readiness is at 87% or higher, then you have to move your units to the border. When Russia prepares for war at the end of the axis turn, then you have to attack in your next turn (you can also check the readiness: 95%+ = attack, 94%- = you can wait one turn).

There is one exception: 1942 russian readiness increase is highly accelerating, so after December 1941 russian readiness will make large jumps and they will join very fast. So November/December is usually the last chance to move your units into position even if readiness is lower than 87%.

Thanks Terif and others,

I think one should be able to place all the units for the attack-position from 3-5 hexes away from the border, within one turn.

Still, it would be less labourous if some of the units are already placed within the three hexes. So, how many units kan you keep within the first 3 hexes so that it doesn't affect the readiness (provided that the first three units are correctly placed)?