Just one Question

Dragonheart

Well, I know who holds the Top spot. New league was created for those who don't spreaken the Duetsch. No mirrored play, no waiting for updated results...and, Battlefront is considered "Center Court" for competition.

To answer your question, check it out: http://www.myleague.com/iscl/

It's a small league, but that's who's playing. I think Zapp's & Avatar's game is ISCL. No Terif as of now.

Actually, Zapp and I haven't agreed on if it's ICSL, but I wouldn't see why not.

As far as the League is concerned, we should really have regular small tournies. Since 8 players would be max in such small tournaments, some people are going to get 'buys'.

Let's assume Rambo, Zapp, Me, Dragonheart, Sombra, Kuni and Curry play. That's 7, so 6 would play a game, and 1 would advance from the buy. Then you have the semis, then finals. It works out.

Rules:

- Same standard house rules (should be set by Rambo though)

- Bid? 1:5:20, or for equally interesting, .5:20:20.

Just an idea.

I would turn on the ICQ, I could actually, but i'm at work. I'm 9 hours in front of a computer, but games r a no-no. Like the 'you'll get fired' kind of no-no, so what's the point really? The ICQ I use at work is web-based, so there's no firewall issue. Anyways, isn't it like 5am for you right now? you're GMT-7 no? I'm GMT+1

Yep, Leipzig. City of Books, Art, Theater etc... Nice city, good kneipe's. Since i have german bürgerschaftsangehörigkeit, things were pretty easy for me as far as working. I have urlaub in december for 3 weeks, and I really need to be back in Montreal for awhile!

Avatar. Speaking from experience from older tournaments, having several ROUNDS will slow it down enormously. Having quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals will mean a tourney takes 3-4 months because there is always some guy that has problems meeting dealine and you gotta have a decent dealine for each round.

Therefore I suggest a simple one where you can play anyone of your 4-5 games in whatever order you choose.

Have a Masters Tourney with only the 5-6 best players (Avatar, Dragon, Rambo, ...) and everyone plays everyone once. The best two after every group game is finished (or deadline) qualify for finals. Finals = best of 3.

That would be a very fair tourney, very little luck and FAST (only need 2 dealines. One for the group play and one for the finals). That tourney could be played in 6 weeks (4 week group play and 2 week finals). Also, I would suggest using 1:1:30 system to avoid crazy UK luck that stops Axis in France.

[ August 12, 2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]