what to do ?

xediel

i had a game where my opponent declared war on ireland early in the game.. and he pounded on with 3 carriers on my irish corps.. so he gained experience if i reinforced it so what is a better choice to constantly reinforce the unit or just to let it go ?

the same thing could be projected onto denmark if you are allied

so what to do in those situations ?

Denmark: reinforce it until it is dead. If Germany has to use its air in Denmark, it cant be used in LowCountries or France.

Ireland: Depends on Allies strategy.

If you see that Allies defend France, then you have to reinforce the corp. When you have conquered LC and parts of France, so that you are sure you will reach Paris, then you can let the corps die. If UK gets the Irish mpp too soon + their carriers are free, it is possible that they crush Axis in France (depends on your experience).

Only reinforce the corps if necessary, its a good training object for UK carriers...

Actually in this situation. keep the corps alive for for a certian length of time. You have to conclude most players if they don't get exp. one way they're gonna get it another way... After Ireland you'll notice they'll smack Brest up a lot and the port there. They'll use a combo of regular Brit Aircraft to hit resources which usually don't have any axis protection over them. This is a real drain and leads to eventual invasion of France with Super Carriers. It's hard to stop a player from creating them...

Tip is never engage them tongue.gif

They're stuck in seazones..make enough headway in other places and block of the canal/sea zones and they've gotta have LR..Just along the way you better have picked off enough Capitol ships and have enough mix of your own fleet to protect the baltic...I usually add in a sub or two.. or tech...

[ May 18, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

One flipside to that seamonkey. If you're not doing so well with taking France, you don't want to give them that freebie<booty>...So they can transfer over, along with the bid. With a lucky chit on air tech you'll be toast in Summer of 40 as your campaign against france bogs down. They'll gain experience. Always do... you can play with the unit at put it at 5 or 6. at let them think they're getting something for it. Hey in the end if you get 25 MPPs for it. and they get -20 cause you protected it. Also major headway in France...buy yourself another Sub or two and put a tech chit in Advanced Subs. Attempt to lure one of those exp. carriers into combat near Brest and sink one then with the aide of Germany Fighters who are also getting advancements due to France falling several turns earlier cause you have to worry about RAF defending them.

Also if they should attempt to defend them. A german Cruiser or Fighter is worth losing for a Carrier tongue.gif