Graphics mods

Logan Hartke

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Logan Hartke:

If anyone has questions about what certain tanks are, just ask.

Are the first two Russian tanks KV-1 and KV-85? The third surely must be the KV-2? They look great, but I miss the T-34 a little, for it was so widely used, just like I missed the Panther which I added. Did you ever try drawing, say, the 1943 version of T-34? I would replace the KV-85, which wasn't used in as great numbers as the others, with a T-34.

Originally posted by Tuomas Seijavuori:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Logan Hartke:

If anyone has questions about what certain tanks are, just ask.

Are the first two Russian tanks KV-1 and KV-85? The third surely must be the KV-2? They look great, but I miss the T-34 a little, for it was so widely used, just like I missed the Panther which I added. Did you ever try drawing, say, the 1943 version of T-34? I would replace the KV-85, which wasn't used in as great numbers as the others, with a T-34.</font>

As for the T-34, my new set includes them. I can e-mail you it. All that you'll have to do is change the color. It is a T-34/85 in the Westward-facing minor allies, level 5.

Ah! <slaps on his own forehead> It's right there in front of my eyes on the last page. I can grab it from there.

The third one looks something like BT-7, right? Could you please list the names of your new Allied minor tanks facing west?

[ December 22, 2002, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Tuomas Seijavuori ]

Originally posted by Tuomas Seijavuori:

[qb]The third one looks something like BT-7, right? Could you please list the names of your new Allied minor tanks facing west?

Sure. I'll name the ones facing east, too. It goes...

EAST-

10-FT-17 (or foreign equivelant)

11-Vickers Light Tank (pick your favorite mark, they all look alike)

12-Mark VIII "Liberty"

13-Valentine

14-Ram

15-Grizzly

WEST-

10-FT-17 (or foreign equivelant)

11-Vickers Light Tank (pick your favorite mark, they all look alike)

12-Vickers 6-ton tank (or T-26)

13-LT-38 (or similar vehicle)

14-captured PzKpfw IV used against former allies

15- T-34/85

That's it. The Axis minor allies are based on the Turan I, Turan II, PzKpfw D, PzKpfw F2, PzKpfw G, PzKpfw H-J.

Logan Hartke

Well, guys, I can't post pics of updates anymore, but I'll tell you that I've finished the fighters of all countries except the minor allies and minor axis countries. I have finished US bombers, Russian prop bombers and have started Italian bombers. Again, if anyone wants them, just ask and I'll e-mail them to you. Otto, will you put them up on your site when they're done?

Logan Hartke

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

Sure, We'd be glad to.

CvM

Thanks. I have all of the units done and I have modified the flags (gave the US flag a little makeover and used the German military flag posted on your site). Also, I have my medal mod (changed the British medal to the Victoria Cross, gave the US medal a Medal of Honor blue color, and changed the green in Italy's medal - this was all done on top of Andreas' Medal Mod). The only thing that I will do now is change the ship graphics, but don't expect me to do that before the new year. This project wore me out. I will have Otto or Carl put them up on their site for people to download. They can DL and look at them/modify them all they want to. If anyone has any questions as to what certain vehicles/planes are, just ask me after they DL them.

Logan Hartke

BTW - I e-mailed them to Otto and Carl. If anyone else wants them now, I'll e-mail you as soon as I get your message.

We must be thinking on the same wavelength. Most of my vehicles and planes are the same, but I think mine are more realistic and don't reach so far into the 50s/60s, although, they are not as evenly matched. Also, my minor allies are not ALL carbon copies of their bigger brothers. Only a few levels of your tanks and your ships are any different than their bigger brothers. Also, some of your tanks don't look that much like the vehicles they are trying to protray to my eye. There's a lot more work put into yours, though. Great job.

Logan Hartke

[ December 25, 2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Logan Hartke ]

I dont recall the name but Im interested to know were and when you knew me. Hope it was a good memory smile.gif Id caution you before spendinf to much time redoing the minor allies icons as they dont really progress with any tech tree. Army, corps and some ships are all need be done. Id also ask that you view the work in game, the pic on the site is a rather high compression jpg and imae quality suffers. Come to think of it, I need to make some of the backrounds darker.......back to work tongue.gif

Originally posted by GDS_STARFURY:

I dont recall the name but Im interested to know were and when you knew me. Hope it was a good memory smile.gif

Yes, they're basically good memories. I played a little CC3 online and remember your name very well on there. Some people on there seemed to view you as a god. I went under the name ComradeLoganov, but was not on there enough for you to probably remember me. I never played against you. Anyway, it's nice to see that you're on here.

Originally posted by GDS_STARFURY:

Id caution you before spendinf to much time redoing the minor allies icons as they dont really progress with any tech tree. Army, corps and some ships are all need be done. Id also ask that you view the work in game, the pic on the site is a rather high compression jpg and imae quality suffers.

Don't worry, I know all of what you posted, I'm just anal and wanteed to be accurate. My minor allied fighter for example is a PZL P.11 so that people would see that in 1939. I DLed your files and blew them up (not literally) in Paint Shop Pro before I began my comments, so don't think that I'm criticising your bad quality jpegs.

Anyway, nice work and hope to see you on here more often.

Logan Hartke

I do vaugly remeber a ComradeLoganov, the Russian named players usually catch my attention because there are so few ..... everyone wants to be SS, go figure. I certainly hope you still have your Close Combat cd's cause we have a ton of mod work done now. So stop back in sometime we're all still there. The lobby is a great place for matching up games, any game.

Its also good to know theres someone whos more anal then me smile.gif Even though the icons arnt used I had fill them in with something to.

Hey Logan smile.gif the 1946 mod is on the back burner while the team that created the CC5 Gold-Juno-Sword mod finish the last patches. This is some great piece of work. Heres a quick breakdown by CC version:

CC5 GoldJunoSword Mod : Highly recommended

CC5 Okinawa Mod: Highly recommended

CC5 Stalingrad : incomplete

CC5 Kursk : incomplete (and my personal baby)

CC5 MarketGarden Mod : very buggy stick with CC2

CC4 : why bother tongue.gif

CC3 Real Red : highly recommended

CC3 Panzerjager2 : my highest recommendation

CC3 West Front : recommended but I think the data favors the allies a bit to much

CC3 Beached Whale : a WF submod and recommended

CC3 1946 mod : incomlete

CC3 Vietnam Mod : highly recommended

CC3 Great War mod : very interesting but the scale seems wrong

There are also over 550 custom maps, a score of campaigns, more ops and battles then you can shake a Pz-3 at and various sound patches

All this and more can be found at: www.close-combat.net