No activity in the SC-CUP anymore?

Dragonheart

The SC-Cup is running since about 5 weeks. Beside that some players withdrew from it i noticed that some players have not played one game yet. It seems that people lost their interest and some others never had interest.

It´s time to start a new event for really interested players... Ryder-Cup or something else......is the SC-Community really so rusty???

Maybe people are paralyzed by waiting for SC2??

Man !!! winter is coming, it´s getting cold and dark outside we should have plenty of time isnt it??

My take on it, is the guys that play "Cup" games have spoiled its potential to fulfill minimum enjoyment levels.

We all know the game has certain "must do" requirements for optimum success.

But that gets old at lightning speed in my opinion.

If I played the 39 Campaign day and night disecting it for the perfect opening moves, I think it would grow stale for me too.

Which is why I have not had any involvement in those sorts of competitions.

I expect to still be playing SC next year and having the same level of fun with the same campaigns that exist now.

I might get in more PBEM games, and I might get in a few more games against the AI.

But I am not planning on beating the game to death in cuthroat competition where it's only about winning, not just playing a wargame.

Seems like SC cup is a total fiasco-although I still think its competition rules were interesting. Only few games were played and lots of players didnt show any interest after entering the cup

I agree that our comunity is getting rusty... I remember first ladder league-there were about 40players on the list and they all were mainly active. I sopose there are many reasons why ppl lose interest in SC cup and leagues. There are only 2ways of stopping this:

1. cmon give us SC 2

2. cmon give us rewards for winning competition

and both are so far!

Looks like the Cup Sticky was deleated. Well the two months must be up soon, I would say all games in progress should be reviewed or but up as a Draw and the second round started. Many of the players will have 0pts with 0 games played but all knew and read the 2 month limit - if they could get in a few games so be it.