Sounds that need to be modded

BloodyBucket

Headquarters movement has been nominated. That radio squeal is kind of annoying.

I am thinking of replacing the intro music with something like the theme from "The World at War".

Jet sounds at lower tech levels has been mentioned, combined with prop-based icons until tech 4 or 5.

Any other thoughts on the sound files? It would be nice to have a specific axis/allied win/loss file at the end of the game.

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Headquarters movement has been nominated. That radio squeal is kind of annoying.

I am thinking of replacing the intro music with something like the theme from "The World at War".

Jet sounds at lower tech levels has been mentioned, combined with prop-based icons until tech 4 or 5.

Any other thoughts on the sound files? It would be nice to have a specific axis/allied win/loss file at the end of the game.

Nice to see someone else appreciates Carl Davis' music to the World at War. I have a short suite of World at War conducted by Davis on a BBC CD. It includes the intro music and some snippets of the remaining music (such as the Shostakovich like march, used for the Russian episodes.) If you are working from the DVD's of World at War then perhaps you don't need the suite. If you are copying it from tape, then perhaps I can send you the suite which has CD quality sound. Let me know.........

And by the way, for anyone out there who doesn't have World at War on Tape (mine was on beta, it's so old) get the complete series on DVD for about 100 bucks....it is a bargain and well worth it for such a great ducumentary....

Now if only World War I, narrarated by Robert Ryan would come out on DVD, I would be in heaven!... smile.gif

[ August 09, 2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: J Wagner ]