Custom Campaigns and politics, Hubert?

murks

I have been playing the Blitzkrieg custom campaign which starts in 1939 and gives Iraq to Britain initially. In four games I have played, each time the USSR was absolutely reluctant to join the war, in spite of the axis taking Norway, Sweden, Greece and in one case Iraq. We are talking about a war readiness of 13% in mid 1941.

I suspect that the game treats the fact that Iraq is British as if Britain had conquered Iraq and thus greately reduced the USSR's willingness to join them. COuld this be correct or do you have another explanation, Hubert?

The Blitzkrieg campaign tries to strengthen the Allies by giving them Iraq, but without the USSR as a threat, germany has lots of time to weaken Britain and plunder all the minors. In the end, the campaign seems to favour the axis more than the stock campaign

Not sure what's happening here and in reality some of the custom campaigns can be very unpredictable to fully support, perhaps trying to set Iraq to neutral and see if that helps although I doubt Iraq has much to do with it.

Hope that helps,

Hubert

Edit: I took a quick look and the custom campaign has the USSR start at 0% war readiness whereas the original campaign starts the USSR with 30% war readiness so I am guessing this is the major difference

[ November 29, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]