Rookie Scenario Setup Question

OK, here's the "rookie question of the year" for you :D . I'm setting up a new CMBB scenario and have added a bunch of trenches. Now I'm wanting to place some infantry in those trenches for the start of the scenario (I'm still in the Editor at this point). I place the squad on the trench symbol, but it's still shown as being in "scattered trees" (which is the terrain where my trench is located). Is there a way to actually place these squads such that they begin the scenario IN the trenches, or will they be assumed to be in the trenches once play starts? If I use the Dig-In command with a squad over top of a trench symbol, will that do it, or will they just dig a foxhole within the trench, thus ensuring they will probably never see the light of day during the battle because they'll be too busy climbing out of the cave I've just developed for them :eek: :D ??

Thanks! smile.gif

Glenn

Originally posted by Canuckgd:

OK, here's the "rookie question of the year" for you :D . I'm setting up a new CMBB scenario and have added a bunch of trenches. Now I'm wanting to place some infantry in those trenches for the start of the scenario (I'm still in the Editor at this point). I place the squad on the trench symbol, but it's still shown as being in "scattered trees" (which is the terrain where my trench is located). Is there a way to actually place these squads such that they begin the scenario IN the trenches, or will they be assumed to be in the trenches once play starts? If I use the Dig-In command with a squad over top of a trench symbol, will that do it, or will they just dig a foxhole within the trench, thus ensuring they will probably never see the light of day during the battle because they'll be too busy climbing out of the cave I've just developed for them :eek: :D ??

Thanks! smile.gif

Glenn

Don't worry about what the window says. If they are sitting on the trenches then they are in them.