Your Screen Names

Hmmm

I suppose if people wanted their handles publicly displayed, they would do so in their profiles eh.

For that matter, if people wanted anyone to know anything about them at all, they would actually have a profile.

That said, if anyone wants to know me better, they can feel free to send me a PM.

I use AOL MSN Yahoo and ICQ all through the interface known as Trillian.

But I am only interested in chatting with people that want to chat with me enough to ask for those details specifically.

It cuts down significantly on the cases of messages that are only being sent to be obnoxious.

As such, I don't expect a lot of the membership is going to dump a lot of handles here in this thread.

I could be wrong though.

It doesn't bother me at all to have my name listed on a thread.

I learned a long time ago how to ignore as yahoo is infamous for using spambots sending you IM's to come see them webcam.

Of course it is nice if people ID themselves as they send you a message. I'm sure peoples IM names are different from screen names.

I know mine is. LOL :D

Originally posted by Konstatin V. Kotelnikov:

It doesn't bother me at all to have my name listed on a thread.

Me niether it's in my tag smile.gif And i know how to use the ignore feature.

I learned a long time ago how to ignore as yahoo is infamous for using spambots sending you IM's to come see them webcam.

Really i never had that problem NOW ICQ that's insane spamming i unistalled it 15 minutes after i got it couple years back. I think trillian filters spam i have not recieved 1 piece of spam in the 3 weeks i've been useing it.

Of course it is nice if people ID themselves as they send you a message. I'm sure peoples IM names are different from screen names.

I know mine is. LOL :D

MAN Do you have that right! I didn't change all the names i originally recieved and after a week i had 20 names and none of them match Battlefront Nicks! What a mess when my detieriating brain cells started forgetting the actual peops lol. Peops have 3 different one one for balltlefront one for IM and one for email and none match! Well mine does.

BTW - as long as I have some free time, I'd be willing to play just about anybody TCP-IP sometime soon. I'm a n00b and I'm sure that I'll be beaten like a n00b, but I've beaten the Allies as Axis on +100% and +1 exp., so I figure I'll play a human and make it REALLY hard (and not so predictable).

Logan Hartke

Originally posted by Hueristic:

Really i never had that problem NOW ICQ that's insane spamming i unistalled it 15 minutes after i got it couple years back. I think trillian filters spam i have not recieved 1 piece of spam in the 3 weeks i've been useing it.

Hueristic I have no problem at all with spam on ICQ. All you have to do is change your preferences. It has a huuuuge range of security preferences. I have mine set so that I don't get any URL's from people that arent on my list and the only messages that I get are from people on my contact list.

[ January 10, 2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Canuck ]