How do you beat barbarossa on Expert setting?

poots

I cant do it :/

Do you take all the cities before even touching Smolensk as to not set off the russian reinforcements?

What do you do with the afrika corps? Do you just disband all of them? The only other thing to do is to take vichy france, but when you do that you up the USA readiness too much..

Any advice?

You need sufficient airpower and armor. First you focus your attacks in making holes in their line and use your airpower to finish them off. Then use your tanks for encirclement and isolated pockets would have their readiness reduced and easy mopping for infantry.

Originally posted by poots:

I cant do it :/

Do you take all the cities before even touching Smolensk as to not set off the russian reinforcements?

What do you do with the afrika corps? Do you just disband all of them? The only other thing to do is to take vichy france, but when you do that you up the USA readiness too much..

Any advice?

Your main priority is to destroy the frontier armies and prevent them from retreating into the interior, just like the real main barbarossa objective. Then the reds will start purchasing corps to block your routes to the cities, these should be easily brushed aside with the armies gone. Once that is done the roads should be open to siege the cities. Just remember that destroying whole units is much more important than damaging lots of units.

Can I jump in with the following question?

I am a newbie, green as a St. Patrick's parade.

I am teething my skills in the Barbarossa campaign; seted it at Beginner and as the Germans. I am really pleased with the feeling of the campaign. I read somewhere that Russia is an easy country to invade, but difficult to conquer. The vastness of the Russian country is a tough enemy!

I advanced into Russia breaking havoc, destroying many armys and corps. I firmly invaded the Russian country in the center. Three Russian corps are supposedly encircled. My three groups stand now 100 km east of Smolesnk. Still, I couldn't take Smolensk. I failed to take Odessa and the Crimea. I failed to take the north of the country.

Why the encircled Russian corps still get reinforced up to the 7th level? I have read this simulates air-drops and stuff gathered at the cities. But the main thing you need to reinforce a corp is men.