Production time

Titan

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Really, no lag time at all? :confused:

BB,

Correct. I know it would be cool to have that extra layer of planning ahead, but this is one of those "Features vs. Simplicity" issues.

EDIT: Let me clarify that a bit. Larger units are more expensive, forcing a player to accumulate more MPPs. For example a German aircraft carrier is 700 MPPs, but they start the game collecting only 120 MPPs per turn. So, you can see it would take a long time just to afford that one unit. I suppose that would be something of an abstract way to address the issue.

[ April 28, 2002, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

ok, to me that sounds suitable enough.Seems costs is in realation to reality or of some conseqence if one starts buying big ticket items.

Id hate to think one could buy x2 carriers a battleship and few planes and a spread of ground troops in one turn unless we are talking about the US or you own half of Europe

So buying a carrier one would have to sacrife a great deal.

Anyway Super Ted when is the next AAR im dying to read how the germans are dancing in London or the allies celebrate in the smoking ruins of Berlin

Originally posted by Titan:

ok, to me that sounds suitable enough.Seems costs is in realation to reality or of some conseqence if one starts buying big ticket items.

Id hate to think one could buy x2 carriers a battleship and few planes and a spread of ground troops in one turn unless we are talking about the US or you own half of Europe

So buying a carrier one would have to sacrife a great deal.

Anyway Super Ted when is the next AAR im dying to read how the germans are dancing in London or the allies celebrate in the smoking ruins of Berlin

Titan,

I hope to have the next installment posted by the end of the day (I'm in GMT -6:00). Saturday's are for soccer, so little wargaming is done. :D

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Really, no lag time at all? :confused:

BB,

Correct. I know it would be cool to have that extra layer of planning ahead, but this is one of those "Features vs. Simplicity" issues.

EDIT: Let me clarify that a bit. Larger units are more expensive, forcing a player to accumulate more MPPs. For example a German aircraft carrier is 700 MPPs, but they start the game collecting only 120 MPPs per turn. So, you can see it would take a long time just to afford that one unit. I suppose that would be something of an abstract way to address the issue.</font>