Ryder Cup 2004: Comrade Trapp (NA) vs. dev0 (Euro)

Comrade Trapp

**Strategic Command Ryder Cup 2004**

Comrade Trapp (Allies), representing the United States / North American Coalition.

us_cndflags.jpg

dev0 (Axis), representing the European Union.

1955-1208-European%20flag.jpg

The Bid: 100 mpps (1:5:20) (UK:US:USSR)

This will be a one man AAR since dev0 doesn't want to type all of this in English. So instead, I will be making the AAR at Battlefront and he will be making an AAR at Panzerliga .

This match will be played via TCP/IP.

[ April 27, 2004, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Turn 1

Axis:

September 3, 1939

Germany invades Poland.

Great Britain and France demand an immediate withdraw of German troops, but this is ignored by Hitler.

At 11:00, September 3rd, 1939, Great Britain and France declare war on Germany.

Listen to British Prime Minister Chamberlain's Speech.

German forces blitz through the Polish frontier and capture Warsaw. The Polish Air Force intercepts Luftwaffe fighter planes over Poland, but is soon devastated by ground forces entering Warsaw.

All other Polish units, while shocked by the mobility of the German troops, stand their ground along the Polish frontier.

Despite both Luftwaffe airfleets being committed to combat operations in the east, enemy troops are spotted moving west towards the German-LC border.

Meanwhile, Germany shocks the world by declaring war on a unsuspecting Denmark. Two CAs of the German Kriegsmarine begin to bombard Copenhagen (defending corps reduced to 7) while German troops enter Denmark by land.

In France, the Luftwaffe launches an air attack on the French mine. The French Air Force intercepts, inflicting damage on the enemy while only taking one point of damage in return. Despite this, the French mine is damaged in the attack (4 mpps lost).

In the North Atlantic, German U-boats attack unsuspecting merchant ships traveling between Canada and England, compelling Canada to enter the war at the end of the turn.

de-pc-ww1.jpg

comeoncanada.jpg

Dragon, most likely shouldnt be posting this here, but since it seems so quiet and I know you will look here - any word yet on the English version of the PL site?

Thanks and hope all is well there. AngelDust from the PL site is in the Battle of France tournament and I think he will do very well in it.

Comrade Trapp (Allies) concedes to dev0 (Axis).

Haven't really had time to play lately and it looks like that won't be changing anytime soon. Regardless, the more I think about the game, the more I realize that dev0 had the upper hand due to a large surplus of MPPs.

This was defiantly one of the most unique games I've played in a long time, it was a close game.

It is summer of 1942, the Axis have control of every minor except for Turkey and have complete control of the Med.

While they did take control of the Med, they paid dearly for every inch of it. The Italian Navy was destroyed with the exception of the sub, with no losses to me. And they were fighting with Allied forces (land)in the Med well into 1942.

In Russia, they have only captured two cities and the front has turned into WWI fighting. They are advancing, but hex by hex every other turn, and have been losing units from occasional counter-attacks by Russian tanks. Russia has anti-tank + 3 with 5 chits and now has Finland.

In the West, the US has 5 armies under Eisenhower with anti-tank +3 and heavy tanks + 2.

I was in the process of building a 2nd Army Group with a combined force of 3 armies and 2 tanks under Patton, which would have been completed within a few turns.

The problem was with Great Britain, the RAF was only made up of 3 AFs under Montgomery and I only had jets +1 (despite 5 chits towards it since the summer of 1940).

Throughout the entire war, Great Britain and United States didn't loose a single ship, airfleet, HQ, or Army to enemy action while destroying the Italian Fleet (minus the sub) and the German Fleet (minus a cruiser).

But in the end, I did have to repair severe damage to both the British Fleet and the RAF with MPPs I didn't have (even though I had MPPs coming in from Ireland).

Even though I didn't loose any units to the enemy, the damage expences combined with the lack of available British MPPs, is what lost me the war.