Some new scenarios

Sergei

I have lately finished up several works in progress and uploaded them to The Proving Grounds for your testing pleasure. I thought I might advertise them a little bit in order to get more testers...

Sortavala series - High Ground , Kymölä and Streets of Sortavala

This series is about the capture of the city of Sortavala by Finnish troops in 1941. The battles are built so that the battle shifts gradually from the hills around the city to the suburbs, then to the centre itself. The map is based on a 1:20.000 map, several airphotos of Sortavala in the 30's, and personal visits. These are infantry battles.

Spartakus

In this totally fictional scenario, Red tanks form an obstacle to German Panzer forces in the Baltic direction in August of 1941. It's my first (and last?) scenario with solely German units on Axis side...

Bull By The Horns

In late June 1944, Soviet Guards have taken the crossroads at Portinhoikka with a strong armoured assault. But Finnish counterattack has begun.

Saarela

After Portinhoikka was lost, Soviets attempted from southern direction. This is an operation.

Farewell to Portinhoikka

This is an operation as well, continuing from where the Saarela operation historically left. Portinhoikka is now within sight, but is it within reach?

From Winnie With Love

In the northern sector, Finnish troops were retreating toward Sortavala. This is a fictional engagement over the control of a hill top position.

[ December 01, 2004, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

Yep, the war known as Winter War began 65 years and one day ago, with Soviet troops crossing the border and bombers hitting Finnish cities. And 60 years ago in September a truce was signed, ending the Continuation War. During the two wars some 3% of Finnish population were killed and 13% lost their home area.

www.winterwar.com is always a good site to check. And Matti Vesanen's Winter War scenarios (Making Motti, Breaking Motti, Vuosalmi Campaign) illustrate perfectly the two tactical faces of Winter War - the encirclement battles up north, and the WWI style rugged defense in the Isthmus.

Just uploaded Streets of Sortavala...