Small AAR for 1939 +1 exp for Allies (39-42)

P z B

Started my second game from 39, increased difficulty level a notch, +1 exp to the Allies.

Again I found the conquest of France, Norway, Denmark, Yugo & Greece very rewardable. I was still able to finish them all by summer 41.

This provides you with a 440mpp's, that's essential for your survival. Especially since the Allies love to invade France heavily from mid 42.

I chose random settings for all major powers this time. All German allies joined within 2 weeks of the historical dates. USSR declared war on the Axis 22\6-41 :) Beat me to it...

The USA still declared war on me in the last day of november 41.

Spending 1000mpp's on tank, AT, jet & rockets in 40 is also invaluable to handle the Reds. The russians are hard to kill with a +1 exp and they deploy rocket arty as well.

I've almost been on the verge of stalemate a couple of times, but each time elite pz armies and good air\arty support has saved my day. Nothings like cutting of half of the red army with 4 tank groups and forcing him to withdraw his airgroups and cut of units smile.gif

Seems like you have to be a bit gutsy to get things moving again!

The Mare Nostrum...as Muso loved to call it <G>, is actually rather simple to turn into a Italian puddle in this game. Killing of the allied fleets and occupying Cairo gives you a possibility of transfering most units East\West. I've even taken 3 BB's and a sub into the Atlantic to help the Germans stem of the waves of suicidal allied armies landing around Brest ;)

Axis forces blockaded East Coast of US/Can for a couple of years until Amis developed long range jet fighters. Drove the U-boats back quite a way. For a long time, UK lost 40 MMP per turn and no AMI/Can forces were able to force their way into England. Partisans are a real pain in the ass. Italy conqued Iran and moved north. Will Turkey and Spain join the Axis or will I have to conquer them? A3