Message for SuperTed

LC-

Just wanna say thanks for all the great AARs. Fun read. By the way are you going to release anymore soon? I know your busy with some other stuff so if ya dont no big deal. Just curiosity.

With this I would like to extend a friendly game against ya when the final version is released. Would be fun to play ya when it would be a learning experience for me. And I know this isnt a challenge forum but I dont know if the other challenge forum is just for CMBO or not. Hubert or Moon you can move this thread if ya have to I understand :D By the way great job fellas.

LC,

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying the AARs. The next installment has been on hold for a couple now. We have been working hard at making sure all the campaigns and other features are solid. Once that is done, I'll be back to writing accounts of my quest for world domination. ;)

As for the challenge, I'd be happy to play once the full game is released. Since there is only one public forum for SC, this is the place for finding opponents.

Hey sounds great. Your AARs are always very interesting and in depth. Also like how you add little things like "the ship lost rudder capabilities and was dead in the water." Things like that add immersion in the story to make it feel like its actually something and not a little colored piece on the map.

Excellent work.

Years ago, Avalon Hill released a Gamer's Guide to Third Reich. This was just a collection of strategy articles and other game-related analyses which were previously published in The General. (Ah, memories!) Assuming the Beta Boys have thoroughly worked through all aspects of SC, it would be interesting to see your collective insights into game strategies for the various major powers. Something like SuperTed's analysis of German strategy, Moon's analysis of British strategy, Hubert's discussion of research strategies, and stuff like that which could be posted on the Strategic Command HQ site as .pdf files. That would get the ball rolling for more articles to follow once the game gets released.

Another idea for AAR's is the old Series Replay format where players alternate in discussing their game strategies, successes and failures, and other observations for scenario play. Those could get posted on the HQ site as well.

The internet allows a very open forum for accumulating articles like this, but it may be useful to consider a monthly electronic newsletter to provide some editting and quality control. And give us all something to look forward to each month.