Finland

aaa

I am playing Axis in a PBEM game. We are in July 42 and Finland has still not entered the game against the Russians.

Can anyone explain this?

I did not attack Russia until early 1942 and the US entered at the same time. Is this possibly the reason Finland has not entered the war?

Did Germany attack Sweden in your game? That has an adverse effect on Finland's entry.

I used to think Finland entered the war the turn after Barbarossa starts, like clockwork. But 2 recent games had Finland enter on the invasion turn and another where they entered about 5 turns later. So I don't know what's going on, and frankly that's good. I'd still like to know all the factors that influence the political model, but keep the randomness in the game to keep us all guessing what will actually happen.

I played a game against the AI a while back where the Russians had declared war after I botched Sealion a little (it still succeeded, but was excessively bloody - at least I got to kill the at-start American armies too) - they were doing okay until they declared war on Finland and Rumania, which was a big-time bonehead move. The Finns survived and bringing Rumania into the war left the Russian south flank hanging in the breeze. It was not pretty.