Patch V1.06

csolares

I have been playing SC about two months now.

Yesterday I downloaded V1.06.

Three things:

1) The USSR war readiness goes up much faster than before. I conquered in that order, poland, denmark, low countries and france, then when I was about to invade yugoslavia, hungary then romania and bulgaria became axis, I invaded yugoslavia, inmediately the USSR became prepares for war. I wasn't ready to go to war with them, I only had about 5 air fleets and 5 tanks (Usually I have about 8 of each), I didn't invade much and still they became ready for war, that's not bad, It makes you aware of your moves.

2) The AI is a bit sharper, (I haven't finish my game, still haven't conquered the USSR) but those reds are more aggresive than ever before, they don't do so defensive like before, they attack with more aggresiveness, with air strikes, tank, armies/corps attacks, much more often.

3) The technology race is much tougher than before, I only have three points allocated and have only Tanks +1, everything else is as starts.

Conclusion: Much more fun, more challenging. Nice.

In my current v.106 game, as Axis the "conquest order" was the same as yours. The Italians also took Greece by amphibious assult. However, I just built up forces, researched, and pounded England from the air thereafter, and waited for the Allied coup in Yugoslavia. The USSR war readiness percentage went up much less, and Russia did not prepare for war until Jan' 42. With the v.106 changes, Germany can use all the time she can get.

If the AI is now attacking you more , when

on the defensive [as Russia against you as Axis,

though I personally have not noticed this],

then this should make things easier for

you, not harder. I almost always say, "thanks for

the favor Uncle Joe!" when a Russian unit attacks

one of mine [esp. if it is a city garrison], as

it will usually take more damage than I will,

thus making it easier to kill on my turn.

Now of course sometimes [esp. at higher experience

handicaps] the AI will manage to kill a valuable

unit or two of yours [it esp. likes going after

weakened armor units]. But I have since learned

not to leave such units exposed, isolated, and

weakened like that. If it just tried to form a

solid defensive front, instead of constantly

launching all these suicide attacks, then the

Eastern Front would be quite a bit harder to crack.

John DiFool

John:

The AI as Russia, kills more of my units by doing this: attacking with three air fleets one single unit, which leaves him with a strengt of 4 to 6,then they attack this unit from at least three fronts, which kill the unit, they use the same strategy that I use to kill them.

They are more aggresive, yes sometimes it helps, if they're in a city, it leaves him with a strenght of maybe 8, so It's easier to kill the unit in the city.

Just playing my first v1.06 game, its summer of 42' and the war in the east is half a year old. With Allied exp+100% I conquered the rest of europe as i did in the versions before without serious problems doing so. My formula is it always to mass quantums of land units at the russo-german border after france fell, and you will have all time of the world to build up your eastern army.

I conquered france and scandinavia simultanously, and shipped my northern troops (2armies, one tank group, rundstedt and most of my airforce) from sweden to koenigsberg after the battle of scandinavia and then deploying them along the border - so USSR will think twice before she raises any join value.

Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria joined the Axis voluntary, making them join the hard way would cause fastened USSR WAr preparations. As well as attacking Yugo, which should always be avoided, and no need for that because the coup is just a matter of time - And no single pro-allied yugo ever escaped right.

By Feb 1942 they (USSR)finnaly made preparations for war so they got invaded. At that time i had tanks+2, jets+1 and antitank+4, even though my 10 research points are all spent. I noticed the following: V.1.06 makes the russians get research progress very soon in the sections that germany has. Gameplay really is more balanced

[ December 10, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: JayJay_H ]

Okay, I understand...I'll back off. You "stepped up" to the plate.

Here's some pointers for you.

Biology --- Microcondria is the PowerHouse of the cell.

Algebra I --- y = mx + b

Algebra II --- y = (-b +/- 4a^2) / 2a

Trig --- Tan = Sin / Cos. What the integral of Cos.? That's calculus actually, integrals of an equation to find the area under a curve. Or maybe it's the derivative.

Hebrews Scriptures --- Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Literature --- For Whom the Bell Tolls, Catcher in the Rye, Huck Finn, Martian Chronicles, Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, & of course my favorite "A Seperate Piece"

French --- don't know a thing. Soup Da Jour. Or better yet from "The Longest Day"...John has a long moustache.

Rambo knows Education

Rambo knows SC

Rambo knows alot of stuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Literature --- For Whom the Bell Tolls, Catcher in the Rye, Huck Finn, Martian Chronicles, Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, & of course my favorite "A Seperate Piece
actually ive read TKM and Huck as part of the curriculum, and the Final in that class is on Huck Finn!

cVm know defense

CvM know offense

CvM know DOffense (i made that up, but its a rael strategy)

CvM

Rambo, Rambo,

I would love to humble you. New rules (you bailed on my other challenges), New Game. And this time, I don't think you can win.

You said, "I will never lose as "Germines, actually," German".

I challenge you. ICP. 4PM, Saturday, 12/14. Pacific Coast Time. None of this PBEM crap. ICP. Dare? YOu have my email. bpoulsen60@hotmail.com.

I bet you a dollar.

That's all you can afford.

Brian The Wise --- Okay dude, you've been heard. We've played PBEM & that was patch 1.05, ancient history, you got head-cracked. I don't live off my past victories, so lets get it on live TCP/IP. Then you made your ploy with the '44 scenario & I accepted your offer with mirror games; score on a point system. I don't have a problem playing any campaign, any rules, any this, any that. What makes the '39 campaign a true test of skill is you get to plan your own military machine.

You'll get the real-deal on Saturday. No problem, I'll clear up these issues on the battlefield. I'm not the AI, so don't bother practicing!!! These other clowns on the Forum get into editing, giving experience to the AI, or whatever. You can't put overall strategic gaming skills into a handicap.

If you give me the Germans on patch 1.06, you will get head-cracked. If you think it's because the game is slanted, they you are wrong my friend. Give me the Allied forces for a game on 1.06. Everybody can has their beliefs about 1.06, but I know the Truth.

I'll have a six-pack of micro-brew, a bag of pretzels, & one of my favorite movies playing on big-screen in the background: Aliens. You'll be sounding like this game after the game.

"That's great, now what are we suppose to do? That's it man! Game over, man! Game over! What are we going to do now?" -HUDSON

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm that good.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

To all you "AI" players --- When you get tired of sitting in your room playing a computer program, let me know. "AI" doesn't count. The whole world has lost their minds on computers. Step-Up to the plate & be a man.

Try playing in this mode,

Human vs Rambo

So AI doesnt count right? so what So far i never lost a PBEM match either :cool: