AAR Terif(Axis) vs Rambo (Allies) Zappleague

Terif

Okay, it's a new game, new Z-League. The Champ Terif & I have agreed to a 2-game packaged were the bid is fixed at 200. We will play each side. I let Terif pick Axis first.

I was able to cut-off 2-German Armies North of Warsaw, might hold him a turn. He sent alot of forces West.

I decide to go after Ireland, get UK some cash. Lets go get them pesky subs too. Terif usually puts them North of Canada for raiding. But he might get tricky.

Denmark and Low Countries surrender in the second turn after a german surprise attack - Denmark has been DoWed in the first turn.

Rambo is right, this time my subs were near Canada. I was prepared for a dutch gambit, one of his favourite strategys ;) . Otherwise I would have positioned them somewhere else to threaten Allied battleships and carriers.

Terif head-cracks Denmark & the LC on turn # 2 !!! He's starting the German engines! Poland will fall turn # 3.

British find both subs North of Canada. I got one of them. No place to hide for the other. UK also hits Ireland again with air & sea. Doubt he'll reinforce. UK also dumps 3-corps info France for cannon fodder.

Third turn:

The first cannon fodder corps is dead. 2 german corps break through the french lines towards Paris. Warsaw captured, but the two remaining polish units still fighting on. Ireland reinforced for one of the last times - I reinforce until I am sure to reach Paris soon. Both Atlantic subs will be sunk next turn, but the surviving one damaged a UK cruiser in a last heroic battle.

I hit Ireland again, gaining some valuable experience for the carriers after Terif reinforced. I land the Canadian corp on Ireland to chase the IRA.

France has been cut open, not good! Poland survives, until the Green Police trash the last 2-survivors.

Dec. '39 --- I get the 2nd German sub in the Atlantic. That's the only thing good so far.

Ireland is still alive as target practice continues for the carriers. Terif is giving me that for the great goal of Paris.

UK lost another corp-cannon-fodder.

French corp in East Ardennes should count his many blessings, survives at strength-1, so I reinenforce him.

The Royal Navy shorebombard German units on the coast in France at "The Elbow", but I do no damage, that sucks. "The Elbow" is the 4-hex seabombardment hex.

[ May 23, 2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

February 2, 1940:

Two french corps die, including the one in LC. First airstrikes at the canadian army entrenching in Paris. Ireland is doomed to fall next turn without reinforcements. But Dublin corps attacks and damages the canadians in Ireland.

March 31, 1940:

The revenge for the death of a german army: 2 french armies killed a third one reduced to str4. French mine occupied Italy joins, marches into the empty Marseilles and bombards Malta.

June '40 --- Nazis are large & in charge. UK holds Brest & Breaudeax, but I decide to leave Breaudeax, no reason to die for 10 MMP's.

Only thing that good happened in France:

1) RAF took no damage, because they didn't do squat.

2) Royal Navy hasn't lost any units

3) I killed one German Army

Bad:

1) UK lost ~3 corps

2) Germany took Paris earlier than desired

July 14, 1940:

Surprise attack on Norway and Vichy. both countries taken in one turn. UK operates air to Alexandria. Italian landings attack airfleet and reduce it to str 6. Suez corps under ground and naval attack. Canadian army at Brest destroyed and Brest taken, after port had been reduced to str 3 and no possibility to retreat.

Egypt --- Allied forces (Free French & UK) destroy Italian corp between the West of Suez. While a new UK-corp lands East of the Suez. UK commits Bomber & 2-fighters to Egpyt. Germans have a fighter in Palestine & a corp battling in the Western Egyptian Depression.

Algeria/Gibralter --- UK sends 2-battleships & shorebombard Algiers. Italians counter with a sub, we both take damage. Axis forces surround my battleships with transports.

The Royal Navy swings 3-carriers thru the Rock & destroy 1-Italian Army & 1-Italian Corp.

[ May 23, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

August 1940:

Huge air and naval battle between Gibraltar and Algier. 2 UK battleships sunk, carrier damaged. German air arrives in large numbers in Algier and Eqypt. Stockholm under attack and will fall next turn.