hhmmm.... just few differences.....

mclong

i played the demo a lot in the past few days and it seems to be a great game....

but it reminds me on "axis & allies"....

in the demo-version, i can´t find many features, different from a&a...

i hope there will be more in the full-version of SC !!??

Originally posted by mclong:

i played the demo a lot in the past few days and it seems to be a great game....

but it reminds me on "axis & allies"....

in the demo-version, i can´t find many features, different from a&a...

i hope there will be more in the full-version of SC !!??

It is full screen now. DO you not get full screen when you play? Check your settings.

Originally posted by mclong:

sure, i get full screen....

but i asked for the differences to axies & allies!!!??? :confused:

redface.gif I missread your comment. Thought you said full-screen not full version.

As for differnces one of the biggest is that Europe is not carved into huge territories like A&A so you can actually try maneuver warfare and cut off units. It is also not a kill or be killed for the units, as they can be damaged. Fog of War adds lots as well.

Originally posted by dasreich:

While A&A is somewhat similar to SC, the biggest difference is I am able to play SC from start to finish without catastrophic crashing.

Nah, the biggest difference is an intelligent AI. I have never lost a game vs. the AI in A&A. I have been surprised by SC, though.

Here's the difference: A&A sucks!!!
:D:D hit & destroyed.....

...but i don´t think, a&a is that bad you say....

i had a lot of fun with this simple game....

even in mp-games!!

the main difference, i think, is the possibility of practicing some operational warfare `cause of the hex-field structure....

sc will be a great game.... i feel that!! ;):D

so... waiting waiting waiting

the biggest difference is an intelligent AI
The AI in SC is great and makes a very big difference. I keep playing the demo out of sheer curiosity just to see what might happen differently, which is a refreshing change from many other games. Had one game where the Germans snuck out to engage the British fleet in the North Sea covered by an air unit in Norway (!), which I didn't expect from the AI and was caught offguard, so it has my respect.

Research also makes a big difference. The variable nature of research adds some surprises to the game, rather than something to take for granted by "knowing" you'll reach the next level in so many turns. I was initially concerned about some advances being too rapid, but frankly I haven't seen it yet. I'm lucky to hit level 2 in an area before the demo ends, which is fine. Others are either very lucky or else spending a lot more on research to get some of the incredible advances I've read about on the forum. Anyway, between AI and research and whatever different settings you choose, SC definitely scores high for replayability and fun.