Member vs. Jr Member

Doomsday1

What gives? How does one obtain full member status?

Is it that you blitz through the Ardenes, surprise, paralyze, and demoralize the French? Is it that you sucessfully pull out the B.E.F to fight another day while blowing ME 109s out of the sky? Is it that you take the "green" US troops across a vast ocean, land on a hostile shore and be drinking French Roast in Paris during the day, and enjoying the *finery* at night? Or maybe its you pull a second Stalingrad and encircle a couple of Panzer armies as well as Leeb, Block, and Kesselring and make the your captives. Maybe its you avoid having your entire Mediteranean Navy sunk at anchor?

What gives? maybe its bestowing praise on that guy from the Great White North, H. Cater for such an awesome game! (Am I a Member now?)

No....I encircle those prussian aristocrats while matching wits with the AI. It was a poor move on Hal's part (Hal 9000) (Played that time like your old C-64) I sure as heck would have tried to break out! By the way....have you seen your Scapa Flow friends? I heard my Stukas paid them a little visit while they were "cruising" off the Danish coast. :eek:

Randell: Thanks...I ought to be getting close.

Iolo: So you picked up on the "Apocalypse Now" thing? -he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath- "The horror! The Horror! Now I am going to have to rent the vid. I was thinking...where is your friend Incus? I guess I should pay a visit to the Shrine of Virtue?

The ZIP thing seems to be working like a charm! :cool:

As originally posted by CvM:

DONT MAKe FUN OF HAL!!!

Wise advice CvM, but... once you were practicing precise, and now backsliding a mite -- that is H.A.L., whom, we might recall, has uncountable friends in high and low places, not to mention an impeccable memory... ;)

And even ol' dark-heart adventuring Joseph Conrad should be wary of misappreciating the surreal and life-lethal ether... well, where did all the fabulous story tellers go?

As EA Poe's sill & bust-sitting crow and Kafka with his metamorphed insect and Hawthorne aboard his "Celestial Railroad." Not to omit -- horror smote Joe?

Is it that the 8 Continents, like impetuous missionary heads, have been shrunk... or is it? that the pale imaginations have -- too soon faced an... Outer Space, but not confronting any longer -- the really, REALLY treacherous foe -- the shadow-baned inner wilderness places?

Come back and say how it is Joe! Tell us if -- the time for indelicate, indecent, deep & dark Psyche exploration -- isn't once again -- nigh! :eek: