AAR SC Z-League CHAMPIONSHIP : Dragonheart (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies).

zappsweden

August 1940:

Paris fell after ground+air attacks. In the interceptions, one Axis Air fleet was destroyed. All french units were still in France and surrendered. Remains of the UK ground units flee to the west. Bordeaus is Allied but empty Brest is Axis. Italian navy seen around Malta, malta garrison fled but were sunk.

[ November 08, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

ok here my 2 cents....

In Poland my standard attack failed so turn 2 was impossible but turn 3 was ok for me.

I attacked LC with army+corps+3 airfleets i.o. not to risk a tank.

I had heavy losses in France 1AF, 1Tank, 2Armies, 2 corps. Zapp put a very good fight there, and used his complete airforce + carrier to harm my forces. Unfortunately his army in the Ardennen could sustain 3 rounds of cobinded attacks. With an risky attack i got Paris some turns earlier than it looked like, it costs my one AF but it was worth it.

I did not go for Brest as the allied air was to strong for me.

Norway failed as my units just did minimum damage.

It was my longest Norway conquest since i play :( .

Vichy,Sweden and Egypt was an easy conquest as Zapp concentrated all forces in the channel.

He made it clear why he is called the airking. With his lvl 1 jet i lvl 1 LR he destroyed the garnison in Paris, Bruessels and one garding the mine. No way to do something there. My minor allies joined very very late...so i lost alot of important MPP.

Due to my heavy losses i changed my reseach programm to technology instead of all other possibilities. I´m now at tech 2 this will help me to regain some of my losses and having enough units prepared for Barbarossa.

Over and out

Dragonheart

It came as i feared, this delay in the ardennen, caused the early defeat of myself. I provided not many possiblities for zapp to train his carriers but he could do it in france as my progress was to slow there. Meanwhile i hate this chit thing as in most of the games i m way behind my opponents.....tell me how can you win if you are 3 lvl behind in air??? But i wont give up...once the sun is shining also for me.