How to Successfully Invade Britain

Winterhawk

Research Long Range Aircraft. Even 1 more level helps. Station 2 -3 air units on the west coast of Finland and attack any/all British shipping within range. This will usually drive their fleet off and they will move to the west side of the island. Move your Baltic fleet to Finland's southwest coast.

Line the northern coast of France/Low Countries with as many air units as possible - purchase 2 or 3 more if you can. Attack any land based British units within range - priority being their air units. This will clear the beaches.

Bring your entire Italian fleet (once they join the war) up the west coast of France (I recently learned they have to bombard the port at Gibraltar before they can pass through).

Once your invasion force is prepped and sitting in transports, move everything at once. Transports to Britain's southern coast in the channel, and your fleets into position at both ends of the channel to prevent the inevtible tide of British warships from reaching your transports before they can unload.

It takes a little coordination and will cost you some warships, but your troops will land with complete safety - from the sea that is.

Oops. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Make that Norway. Sation 2 -3 air fleets on the west coast of Norway, and once the British fleet has been driven off, move your Baltic fleet to the southwest coast of Norway and hold this position till everything else is ready.

[ July 22, 2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Winterhawk ]

I usually go for UK on second turn.

dont move fleet past norway denmark two hex sea zone move right up to there.

trans norway and every body else you can first turn (no move past)leave the guy in norway far port so britt attack them.

move Hq and two other units to kiel rdy for transport.

you can move sub down and thay will come after it then you have your air rdy to take them out.

build cruiser in low country port and thay will wast there fleet there. I usually build battleship.

move atlantic sub down so as to send the rest of fleet there.

the rest is history!

when spain joins up send units to the port of bordeaux and send to amarica to shut them off.

by that time you should have france and send german to bordeaux you can get three transport fleets at once there.

Have fun!

So the Soviets are just sitting idle while you do all this?

Sounds like the Red army is just waiting for the turn "after" the demo stops, to swamp the eastern front...

I need the full game... :(

Aloid

[ July 22, 2002, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Aloid ]

Although normally i go for 10 or so airfleets to knock out britain, one game, on the first turn, i loaded as many units as possible into transports and sailed for England. I actually took london before paris. But i had to wait for backup from continental europe before going after manchester. Difficulty at default.

AH! Russia was a prob but not when I plundered the UK! sweeeeeing!!!

I have a feeling, when I play a two player game, I am going to get hammered! ( I want to be allies :eek: )

I noticed that you cant always see the port controll value?

Originally posted by Aloid:

So the Soviets are just sitting idle while you do all this?

Sounds like the Red army is just waiting for the turn "after" the demo stops, to swamp the eastern front...

I need the full game... :(

Aloid

Soviets? You mean there's Soviets?

Read SuperTed's AAR about this issue - it furnished the template for the scores of times I have done this. The key is using your naval units to seal off each end of the channel and keep the Royal Navy away from the transports. You have to somewhat finesse the Baltic fleet down the West coast of Denmark and dash one of the cruisers through the channel the turn before you invade.

With enough airfleets (4-5, HQ-supported) you can clear the Brits out of London and from there it is but a matter of time. The best thing about this strategy is that you can do it relatively quickly, leaving time in the demo to start slugging it out with the Reds (who will of course attack you if you lay the smack down too hard on the Brits)

The Americans join up a bit quicker than in the Beta demo - it seems that their war percentage goes up in increments of 20 for each turn Wehrmacht steel tramples the countryside of jolly old England. So get 2 HQs and all the airfleets into the UK ASAP so as to take Manc - the American transports will be on their way if you do not finish off the English.