USA First?!

Panzer39

In my last game (Axis Expert +1) my Germans took the US in July 1941. After quickly running over France thanks to the prematurely declaring war on the Low Countries while some of my forces were in Sweden (which happened to fall on the same turn France invaded) So after buying 2 tank groups I quickly ran over France before June and than took Vichy. Here is where I decided to try something new. I stationed 3 airfleets and an HQ to watch the Channel, brought in my subs from the Atlantic to France and over the next two turns loaded up almost my entire army (2 Hqs, 2 Armies, 3 tank groups, 2 corps) and sent them on their way to America. It took another two turns to get them in place along the northern and southern tip of Maine. My subs watched out for the RN who did not make an appearance so I declared war on the US. After landing my troops, I took the southern city and operated two Air Fleets in. The US Battleships ran off for some reason and by December the US had fallen (I only took 2 cities Washington and the southernmost). I plundered 700 with which I quickly bought some more tanks and an HQ. I sent most of my army back to Europe and some to take Canada. Russia who went up to 85% war after the US fell prepared for war as soon as I put my men in place along their border. However with the extra MPP from the US along with knowing I did not have to worry about a second front, I quickly plowed through their forces and as of now (August 1941) Have taken Moscow and am pretty much just mopping up. Sadly neither Spain or Turkey joined me after the US fell so I will most likely run over them before finishing off Britain. I know this strategy was pretty "gamey" but it worked surprisingly well. I would have liked to have seen the RN defend the US coast a little better and the US to have declared War once transports were sighted off their coast (some were adjacent one turn prior to my declaration) Maybe a patch can address this?

Maybe a patch can address this?
Yeah, like not permitting any invasions of US or Canada. Sorry, can't help myself. tongue.gif

Seriously, the distances across the Atlantic and size of North America are grossly inaccurate at the SC scale. So what sense of accomplishment is being gained by Germany "defeating" the entire USA? The ONLY reasons I see for the US and Canada being on the map at all are to account for their resources and provide locations for unit deployments. They really should be considered off-board, or at least off-limits and not part of the victory conditions.

If and when a full size map can be provided to make an invasions of North America more realistic and fair, then maybe permit them. Until then, why bother? :rolleyes:

I think I have to agree with you that America and Canada should be "off limits" for now. However there still needs to be a way to knock the US out of the War. Maybe once England and Russia falls the US could just throw in the towel? I personally would love to see an expanded map in either this version or a future SC that would show more of the USA and Canada. It would be nice to launch a real operation against them. Even better would be a world wide SC like the one mentioned in another post. Mexico goes Axis and the Desert Fox has a field day in Texas smile.gif